Specialty Dining Reservations

BosoxI

If we make a reservation on the first night, say at 7PM, does that mean that all the following reservations will also be at 7PM or will we be able to adjust the times? My concern is that we will be assigned a time that is simply not feasible on the following nights. Maybe it's best simply to book individual nights while on board, as we've always done.

You are assigned a 7pm slot unless you say it is for that night only. Can certainly adjust your time - each night if you wish. Only issue becomes when others also try to change. Msaking times a day or two ahead can make things easier. Going without a reservation will likely make for a wait. DW and I simply always booked on board. Easier.

I am not 100% sure, but we bought the 5-night specialty package...we booked 6:45 on night one and the sales agent told me when I get on board I could pick which restaurants I want to go to which nights and times. After I have a drink in my hand on Saturday (YES>>>THIS AMAZING SATURDAY), I plan to hit the reservation desk up.

I will let you know when I return or maybe I will answer before we set sail on Saturday.

Your title says specialty dining so are you talking about purchasing a dining pkg at the speciality restaurants? If so if you book a package in advance you are assigned a time and restaurant for the 1st or 2nd night only, the remaining nights are booked once onboard and you do risk not getting the days and times that you want if individual bookings have sold well. We had the 5 night pkg on our 11 night cruise last November and were able to get pretty much what we wanted as far as day/time, but did have to be flexible and we do always eat early. If you always want to eat at prime time (7-8 pm) it might be a problem.

If you are talking about select dining you can book in advance the times you want on the website (which we do) or when onboard you can ask for the same time each night if available, but again you risk not getting the times you want if already booked.

Your title says specialty dining so are you talking about purchasing a dining pkg at the speciality restaurants? If so if you book a package in advance you are assigned a time and restaurant for the 1st or 2nd night only, the remaining nights are booked once onboard and you do risk not getting the days and times that you want if individual bookings have sold well. We had the 5 night pkg on our 11 night cruise last November and were able to get pretty much what we wanted as far as day/time, but did have to be flexible and we do always eat early. If you always want to eat at prime time (7-8 pm) it might be a problem.

If you are talking about select dining you can book in advance the times you want on the website (which we do) or when onboard you can ask for the same time each night if available, but again you risk not getting the times you want if already booked.

Thanks to all of you. This would be a four night package on a seven night cruise and a full ship at that. I guess it's best to wait and see what's available once we're on board. Thanks again for the responses.