Tahitian Princess 1/26/07

laurieb

Hi this is Penny and Gord from Toronto/Canada and we (my brother Gerry and his wife Moe) have booked this cruise.....we haven't booked any tours because we are at a lose as to which ones to book...I just signed up to CC and am still trying to find out how it works.....finally I found my cruise date of 1/26/07 and am enjoying the comments....I hope to meet some of you on the cruise....I just love cruising and this will be my 13th and my husbands 8.....we are both retired and I have just celebrated my 65th birthday and thats not bad because I can now get the OAP!! will check in again if I can find this page!!!!!

Hi this is Penny and Gord from Toronto/Canada and we (my brother Gerry and his wife Moe) have booked this cruise.....we haven't booked any tours because we are at a lose as to which ones to book...I just signed up to CC and am still trying to find out how it works.....finally I found my cruise date of 1/26/07 and am enjoying the comments....I hope to meet some of you on the cruise....I just love cruising and this will be my 13th and my husbands 8.....we are both retired and I have just celebrated my 65th birthday and thats not bad because I can now get the OAP!! will check in again if I can find this page!!!!!

Welcome Penny & Gord, Gerry & Moe,

You will find cruise critic invaluable in planning excursions depending on what your intrest are. Make sure you look at port of call Pacific Islands. I went back and read all 19 pages and found so much information. I put our roll call and Pacific island page under my favorite listings. That way it is easy to see what activity there has been for those each day. I have spent hours at library and book store and have found Jan Prince book of Tahiti & French Polynesia Guide to be the best.

We are doing BTB and on the cruise before this. Looking forward to meeting everyone. We will have to set up meeting place closer to cruise.

Cindy

Hello, GTA neighbours, welcome to the board. I live in Mississauga and work in Toronto. I am doing a btb starting on Jan. 26. After standing in the freezing rain and waiting for the train this morning, I am more than ready for the Tahitian warm weather. Looks like a lot of Canucks are travelling in January and February. This website has been invaluable to me in planning this fabulous vacation. Check the reviews section also. YOu will see that the reviews are almost unanimous in their praise of the Tahitian Princess. As a matter of fact, it got a 100% inspection rating recently. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here or on the Pacific Islands page. You will get a lot of responses.

Ahoy fellow sailors!

It's Tom & Suzy here! We haven't checked in for a while but want you to know we are still around! All this talk about birthdays! We will both be turning 70 this year. :eek: The years don't stop us though! Suzy goes to her tap dancing class almost every day and I love riding my Harley! Just last year we both tried bungy jumping for the first time - off the bridge over Victoria Falls. Yahoooooo! Now we are looking forward to swimming with sharks and those killer sting rays in Tahiti. Anyone else up for that???

Looking forward to some sun, fun, and parties on the TP!!!!

Toot toot,

Tom and Suzy

Bungeel jumping at Victoria Falls -- I'm impressed! My dream is to go bungee jumping in New Zealand. I hope I make it before I turn 70. As for snorkelling with the sharks and stingrays, I plan on doing that also on this trip. I did a stingray excursion in Grand Cayman and loved it. I am deathly afraid of sharks, but I plan to get over it on this trip. Once the holidays are over, the packing starts in earnest.

Suzy & Tom,

Bungy jumping Wow, I don't know if I would have the guts to jump! So how was it? Is it a once in a life time experience or would you do it again? I think you two are prime examples of you are only as old as you act! All that activity keeps you young. I can't wait to meet you and hear of all you experiences and travels.

Christmas decorations are up, the fire is crackling in the fireplace but it just doesn't compare to the warmth of Tahaiti.

Cindy

Hi Cindy...and thanks for replying to my message.....will look for the book by Jan Prince.....where doI find "Ports of call Pacific Islands"?...I have looked and looked to no avail......and yes it would be nice to meet you on ship....I think I'm getting the hang of this....:D

Welcome to all the newbies besides Greg and I!!! And, alot of us are celebrating our 50th! But, it's a celebration if your turning 50 or 80, just to get to go is a gift! I can't wait to meet some of you and lets plan a party night for us Birthday/anniversary/because your there night! :D

I am so looking forward to going. My back is doing much better, the X-mas tree is up and decorated, thanks to hubby....I decorated what I could, he supervised it all. And, both my daughters want money...hey that is easy, well, never easy, just no shopping! ;) Just have my 2 grandsons to buy a little more for, then I'm done! Then the focus is on the cruise!

Have a great week to everyone!

Seahay,

go to cruisecritic.com, go to boards at top of page, go to port of call, go to Pacific Island. If that does not work let us know. I am not good at computer stuff but maybe someone could post a link for her.

Kruisinqueen,

Glad to hear your back is better. It sounds like you will be in tip top shape for the cruise.

Cindy

Sorry, I should have given more info. Below is a copy of the email that I received from Coral Perry.

"On the sunset cruise the most that can be taken is 20 but we usually like to keep it around 15. Most of the charters we do from the Princess end up being about 12 to 15 person. We do have availability right now for February the 2nd 2007. The charter is usually around 2 ½ /3 hours and includes beer and wine. The cruise is around the island of Bora Bora where the larger cruise ships can not go. Always a great time for everyone as you have probably heard!"

The last time we were on the TP we met some wonderful people (laurieb was one of them) they did this excursion, and said that it was one of their all time favorites. Unfortunately they only charter the boat, they don't sell individual excursions.

Diane

Just checking in. In Chicago its about 15 degrees this AM. :( Going on a warm cruise sure is looking more inviting everyday! Haven't even thought about that Christmas stuff yet! Boy, am I behind this year with having the surgery.

Just wanted to say hello to all the fellow TP 1/26 cruisers. I'm dreaming of a Tahitian Christmas:D ....just a month later!:cool:

Have a great weekend all!

Linda B,

Did you get all the snow on Thursday? We were lucky and only got about 4 in. It is alot warmer today. Do you fly out of O'hare? When are you leaving for Tahiti? We are flying out one day early on the 14th just because of the way the weather can be at O'hare that time of year. Looking forward to having a drink with you to celebrate your birthday!

Cindy

Linda B,

Did you get all the snow on Thursday? We were lucky and only got about 4 in. It is alot warmer today. Do you fly out of O'hare? When are you leaving for Tahiti? We are flying out one day early on the 14th just because of the way the weather can be at O'hare that time of year. Looking forward to having a drink with you to celebrate your birthday!

Cindy

Cindy,

I wish we were able to leave a day early! Greg just cannot take the time off work. We went to Maui for 2 weeks in Oct. so, they wouldn't let him have anymore than just what we took:mad:

Normally, we would most definitely leave a day early. And, yes, we leave from O'hare. Oh well, as long as I get there! You'll just have to have a nice drink waiting for me!! LOL :)

I am so looking forward to going. Yes, we got some snow, but more ice than anything. I'm ready to go!!!!

See you all really soon!

Linda

Linda,

You will be ready for a drink when you get to paradise. What time do you arrive? Do you have a favorite drink? We can't feel to sorry for you though since you were just in Hawaii in Oct.

We are planning on taking the South Shore on Sat for our Yearly Christmas in Chicago trip. It should be nice it is suppose to be 40 degrees.

Dave & Diane,

The sunnset cruise sounds wounderful. I have read only rave reviews of it. We won't be able to go, we have a private excursion booked and will not be back before you leave.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

If you need a fix to help you dream about our upcoming cruise, check the the Princess forum under Cruise Lines. There is a guy named Tony who is posting live and he is on this itinerary right now. It is quite interesting, but be careful, you will get hooked. It's keeping me going through a rough week at work. Only a little bit more than a month to go.

Once of the nice things that Celebrity has is a party for their Cruise Critic passengers. I haven't seen anything like that on Princess, so we may have to plan somethoing ourselves.

Les

Hi Les,

We were just on the Sea Princess for a two week cruise and once each week there was a cruise critic meeting in the WHEEL HOUSE BAR and Princess supplied bottles of champagne for each time. One of the fellows who had been posting on a roll call for that sailing set it up, I think.

I haven't posted for quite awhile because we've been traveling. And this past week we got outselves 2000+ miles closer to Tahiti by driving from TN to CA (Buena Park) to spend time with our daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandchildren before our Tahitian Princess cruises.

Lynn

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas or Hannukah and I wish you all a very happy new year. I can't believe it but there is only one month to go before our fabulous cruise. Definitely time to go out and start buying the suntan lotion and sun hats. I found two bottles of sunscreen lotion and a gift certificate for a Tilley hat under my tree, so I am on my way with the supplies. The suitcases come out once the Christmas tree goes out!

Happy New Year to all of you that will be cruising to Tahiti with us.:D Its just a quick reminder that I will be 50 next month by this time :(

However, what a way to see it happen, on a beautiful cruise to Tahiti, with a group that sounds like fun!

Have a happy Holiday! See you all in just a few weeks!

Why the :( about turning 50? We will definitely have to have a drink on board to celebrate. I turn 50 in June 2007 and am looking forward to it. I told everybody who will listen that I expect a party and lots of gag gifts. The knees may be starting to creak a bit, but the spirit is still soaring. :D :D

It appears that everyone is so busy they forgot the board. I just think that 3 weeks from today I will be on the Tahitian Princess ( barring any unforseen circumstances)! As the time get closer, becoming 50 isn't quite so bad. I will have all of you to help us all celebrating something with me! If nothing else how blessed I am to be there! But, I do see a Tahitia Pearl in my future.:) I must be psycic:rolleyes: Or nutty :eek:

Have a good weekend my friends. The days are counting down. And, my excitement is getting greater!

Archived