Tahitian Princess 1/26/07

laurieb

It's been very quiet on all the boards. I think everyone has been too busy with the holidays. I have to admit that my productivity at work has suffered lately. All I can think of is the trip. Turning 50 will definitely not be bad. I decided that the theme for my 50th birthday party in June will be Tahiti. I will pick up a nice paraeo and maybe some trinkets and learn to mix some great Tahitian drinks.

These boards have been too quiet for as close as the cruise is. I doubt if we're the only excited ones out there.

We actually leave this Friday, January 12, as we're on the Jan. 16 cruise as well. We go to LAX on the 12th and then on to Papeete on the 13th for a 3 night stay at Pueu Village pre-cruise. So the clothes are laid out and suitcases waiting, but still have all the drugs and other assundries to get ready and the 3-1-1 rule to deal with.

We still haven't done anything about shore excursions as life has just been too busy. Does anyone have a really fantastic suggestion?

Are we going to try to set a place and time to meet aboard ship and party? We certainly have lots of things to party about, and I like the black pearl idea. Never too much jewelry!

I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to where we might all meet up after we all arrive, and Muster of course, to have a welcome to actually officially meet!:cool::D Any Ideas? It's getting closer. And, I for one, am looking forward to meeting alot of you and having a wonderful time!

Please give any ideas out! Thanks......19 days left...but who is counting???:)

I had my first dose of reality this weekend -- the Christmas tree went was thrown out and the suitcases came up from the basement. I AM REALLY GOING TO TAHITI!!!! Today, I went to the bank and picked up some beautiful colourful FP francs. The 5000 denomination is huge. I bought 50,000 francs and feel very very rich. Of course, it's only worth $787Cdn. but it sure looks good. :D

I changed some money at my bank so that I have a little FP currency in my pocket when I arrive in Tahiti. I have read on these boards that once in a while you get some taxi driver who refuses the dollar and you have to run into the hotel and exchange your money and pay them. Apparently there is an ATM at the airport but I didn't feel like looking for one at 5:00 a.m. in the morning. My bank required just two days' notice to get the currency for me.

I wondered if anyone has any ideas as to where we might all meet up after we all arrive, and Muster of course, to have a welcome to actually officially meet!:cool::D Any Ideas? It's getting closer. And, I for one, am looking forward to meeting alot of you and having a wonderful time!

Please give any ideas out! Thanks......19 days left...but who is counting???:)

I think that's a great idea, since there are a lot of big 50's of all sorts being celebrated I am sure we can get Princess to Pony up some champs. Maybe an idea to meet with be the first sea day, which I think is the 29th, sometime late in the afternoon? Also maybe a good idea would be to get a listing of staterooms, Chuck and I are in 7091, and we're on the B2B so will be awaiting the new arrivals. There are quite of few of us doing b2b, lots of fun.

Cindy, we've booked Marc on Huahine, but we're doing the 4 x 4 in the morning, joining you for lunch on the Motu, also booked the drift snorkel on Rangiroa, with Pascal. Is that the same on you booked for the 23rd?

The suitcases are calling me, now time to get everything in place.

Kay

Hello to everyone, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but here we go again!

I think it's a great idea for a meet and greet, how about the first sea day, which I think is the 29th. SInce there are so many big 50's I'm sure we can get Princess to pony up some champagne. Chuck and I and a couple of others on this cruise are back to backing so will be aboard awaiting all the new arrivals, and maybe we can get something set up for the 29th. We are in stateroom 7091, and a master list might be a good idea to notify everyone of the meeting.

CIndy, we've booked Marc on Huahine, but are doing the 4 x 4 in the am and joining you on the motu for lunch, sounds wonderful. also I've booked us for the 23rd on Rangiroa for the drift snorkel, with Pascal. Is that where you've booked also?

been checking the web cam for the Tahitian, most of the time the weather looked great, saw sun, not much rain etc, so excited now. Looking forward to meeting everyone aboard the Tahitian.

Chuck and Kay

Hi, We are getting really excited, and have started getting the summer clothes out and assembling a pile to bring. We leave next Fri am, and fly to LA to spend a couple of days with my brother and his family, then fly to Moorea on the 21st. We will be staying at the IC for 5 nights precruise. I am looking forward to relaxing for a few days and getting on "Island Time".

I think getting together to meet would be great. We are in one of the aft balconies on deck 7 (7116). Just let us know when and where.

Diane

Hi,

Packing is complete and we leave O'hare tomorrow for Lax for 10pm Air France flight.

They CC are meeting on our previous cruise in Club Bar in front of fireplace just before the entrance to dining room.Someone pick the time and place and we will be there. We are in room 7082 for second cruise.

Kay, Look forward to seeing you on Marc's excursion and Pascal justed returned e mail for departure time of 1030 on dock for the 23.

Safe traveling for everyone,

See ya in paradise.

Cindy & Jim

Hi Cindy, thanks for the info re Pascal, I haven't heard from him yet, but I'll go with your 10:30 on the pier. re the get together, the Club Bar sounds good, how about again the first sea day? the 29th? around 4 pm or so, will try and work on Princess for some champs?

Also thanks to Barry for the update on the weather, I just checked weather for Papeete and it is raining, so maybe it's getting it all out of it's system now!.

Kay,

The first day at sea is great on the 29th at 4:00 at the Club Bar. Greg and I will be there! I hope to meet alot of new friends! I am sitting here in Chicago right now and it is raining, and we may be in for a bit of ice storm later. After the BEARS game! :o I'm just praying that it stays nice for the day we leave, which for us is the 26th. Greg couldn't take any more time off work.:mad: But, I'm not complaining. See you all in sunny ( I hope) Tahiti, on the 29th at 4:00! Let me know if anything changes.

Bon Voyage to everyone....see you all very soon!!!:)

9 more days until we leave. We are out of here on the 25th early it will probably be one of those 15 hour days of traveling. It's the coming back that is the worst, cuz its all over. Can't think about that now. I have all my stuff ready have been out shopping for hubby and daughter some. We are in cabin 7058. I am so ready to be some where warm. My biggest effort is to not over pack like we always do. I will have to check on the currency thing, thanks for the heads up. Les we are just down the road from you south about 60 or 70 miles on 101. Yes wonderful california is a sticker shock even more so in our area.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone. Really need to get back to the packing now.

Mary

Since we booked late for this cruise we were not able to respond to any of the prior messages about excursions. So, does anyone know if there is room for two more on any of the excursions that have been booked privately? I know that we can always go to the pier and find something that way. We have also booked two excursions with Princess.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi this is Penny (from Toronto and husband Gord) and we will be on the Jan 26th cruise with my brother and his wife (Gerry & Moe)....we are in cabins 6070 & 6079....we would be happy to meet up with you CC members on the 29th in the Club Bar at 4 o'clock....let us know if there is a change......we have had our money changed to American...was that a bad move?

Hi kids - we are onboard and have read all your posts. We didn't post till now because we wanted to surprise our friends, Chuck and Kay (cerkjr) who are on this cruise too. We boarded on the 16th, went to their cabin, banged on the door...they were speechless!

We've been having a great cruise together. We met on our first Princess cruise 28 years ago!

Anyway, Kay wanted me to post and tell you we will make sure a Cruise Critic party is set up for the first sea day. The cruise director, Dan Gibbons, is very accomodating and I'm sure he will help us out.

You will just have to look in the Patter to find out the time and place.

We read that you have a meeting set up for 4pm...the only problem there is that that is during trivia so it would be hard for some people to attend. But, there is no reason why people couldn't go to that meeting, too.

Hope you all have a safe trip to Papeete and we look forward to seeing you on board!

Cheers!

Dee and John and Chuck and Kay

Hi kids - we are onboard and have read all your posts. We didn't post till now because we wanted to surprise our friends, Chuck and Kay (cerkjr) who are on this cruise too. We boarded on the 16th, went to their cabin, banged on the door...they were speechless!

We've been having a great cruise together. We met on our first Princess cruise 28 years ago!

Anyway, Kay wanted me to post and tell you we will make sure a Cruise Critic party is set up for the first sea day. The cruise director, Dan Gibbons, is very accomodating and I'm sure he will help us out.

You will just have to look in the Patter to find out the time and place.

We read that you have a meeting set up for 4pm...the only problem there is that that is during trivia so it would be hard for some people to attend. But, there is no reason why people couldn't go to that meeting, too.

Hope you all have a safe trip to Papeete and we look forward to seeing you on board!

Cheers!

Dee and John and Chuck and Kay

I guess everyone is busy packing, which is what I should be doing, but I thougnt I would get everyones cabin numbers in case there was no cruise critic meeting. I have found on some cruises it happens and others it doesn't but we will meet up anyway.

Only 2 more days until we leave I am on pins and needles, I get worse than a kid when it is vacation time. I was really rubbing it in at work today, they were all jealous, just wait until tomorrow.

See everyone in warm if not sunny Tahiti. It will certainly be warmer than all of us are used to right now, (even in sunny california, lol.)

Mary, Gary & Natasha

Archived