First Oceania Cruise 2/26/06

PA Nana

We booked a concierge level stateroom and I have a question. Our flight was included, but do you all find that the arrival time in the port city will truly allow us to board early? If we can't it would negate the ability to make dinner reservations, book shore tours. Just wondering. What has been your experience?

Don't panic.

you will be able to make reservations at all the restaurants that require them without worry

The excursion desk is open at certain times ( and I am positive it is not befoe the ship sails so don't even worry about that).. you can book them on line or through your travel agent, if you want to book their packages of tours, otherwise there should be forms in your cabin to fill out and drop at the excursion desk for all the tours you want to take.

Hi Pa Nana,

We're on the same cruise. There is a roll call on this board . This will be our third Oceania cruise and all on the Regatta. We absolutely love the ship and Oceania. We live in Hollywood,Fl. and have done many Caribbean cruises but we're really looking forward to this one. I agree with Claudia about shore excursions. You shouldn't have any trouble with dinner reservations either. Hope to meet you on board.

Joan

Oceania has a new section on their Web Site called "Already Booked". For some of their cruises, you are able to pre-book Shore Excursions from this section of their Web Site. Just as with Celebrity, the Shore Excursions are immediately charged to your Credit Card. Unlike Celebrity, you are not able to cancel the Shore Excursions until you board and go to the Shore Excursion Desk.

There has been a lot of discussion on the boards about different boarding times for different classes of passengers. I don't remember the exact times, but do remember reading that Concierge Level and above can board earlier than other levels.

I know someone who has cruised since this new policy was introduced will be able to provide the exact times.

We are planning our first Oceania cruise in June06. In the past, we have always booked our cruises through a travel agent. Now, we are considering booking direct with Oceania because of the free airfare. By doing so, we would have one less party in the loop since we would be communicating directly with Oceania.

Any pros or cons with this approach? Has anyone else booked directly with Oceania and what has been your experience?

I appreciate any feedback.

We are planning our first Oceania cruise in June06. In the past, we have always booked our cruises through a travel agent. Now, we are considering booking direct with Oceania because of the free airfare. By doing so, we would have one less party in the loop since we would be communicating directly with Oceania.

Any pros or cons with this approach? Has anyone else booked directly with Oceania and what has been your experience?

I appreciate any feedback.

i don't think you can book directly with O ...they direct you to an agent.

You can deal with a TA that knows you ...your likes and dislikes just as easily and you still get the "free air".

The free air does not get you transfers so be sure to check the cost of those with O or on your own.

Joan24

How do I access the roll call you mentioned for the 2/26 cruise? And, hope to meet you, as well. We have cruised on other lines but not Oceania before.

Looking forward to it - what a great winter break it will be from the PA chill.

i don't think you can book directly with O ...they direct you to an agent.

You can deal with a TA that knows you ...your likes and dislikes just as easily and you still get the "free air".

The free air does not get you transfers so be sure to check the cost of those with O or on your own.

Thank you for your reply.

When I called the (800)531-5658 for Oceania, I spoke with someonew was prepared to accept my reservation and book the cruise if I was not working with a TA..

I am not trying to deprive a TA of their commission. I had read several posts on BBs that stated Oceania made last minute changes to their flights and that their TAs were not aware of the changes until the day before the flight was ready to leave. I thought that it might be safer to have Oceania communicate directly with me instead of the TA.

Guest Jancruz

You will not get the best price or the best service if you book directly with Oceania..they always notify the TA's before they call a direct booking..

Jan:)

You will not get the best price or the best service if you book directly with Oceania..they always notify the TA's before they call a direct booking..

Jan:)

Jan,

Took your advice and engaged a travel agent who has considerable experience with Oceania. Things are going smoothly and life is good. No longer confused :-)

Thanks again for your input.

John

Joan24

How do I access the roll call you mentioned for the 2/26 cruise? And, hope to meet you, as well. We have cruised on other lines but not Oceania before.

Looking forward to it - what a great winter break it will be from the PA chill.

PA nana if you don't find any folks here try the yahoo board for Oceania too.. just ask there.. hopefully you will find some cruise mates!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OceanaCruiser/messages

Archived