Breakaway cabin question

SailAwayInAugust

Question! (Hopefully, you have answers :confused:)

Right now, we are a family of 4 booked on a Mid Ship balcony room on the Breakaway. Im keeping my fingers crossed for a massive price drop after Final payment date so I can ask for a room upgrade to a mini suite.

Is there a cabin class in-between the mini-suite and the Haven? Like regular family suites? I cannot justify the extra cost to upgrade to the Haven, but would be willing to pay a bit extra for some more cabin room. From what I understand, even the mini suites on the Breakaway is not that much bigger than the balcony room. I was on the Gem last year and LOVED the mini suite (and the size of the spacious balcony).

I was on the Gem (in a mini-suite) in 2008. Am going on the Breakaway (for the first time) in a couple of months.

One thing you may not have yet discovered is that the heavy curtain that separates the bed from the couch area in the Gem mini-suites is (to the best of my knowledge) NOT a part of the Breakaway mini-suites. Since you're going with two extras, you should be aware that should you upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite, you will NOT have the separation between the two sleeping areas that you likely enjoyed on the Gem.

Right now, we are a family of 4 booked on a Mid Ship balcony room on the Breakaway. Im keeping my fingers crossed for a massive price drop after Final payment date so I can ask for a room upgrade to a mini suite.

Is there a cabin class in-between the mini-suite and the Haven? Like regular family suites? I cannot justify the extra cost to upgrade to the Haven, but would be willing to pay a bit extra for some more cabin room. From what I understand, even the mini suites on the Breakaway is not that much bigger than the balcony room. I was on the Gem last year and LOVED the mini suite (and the size of the spacious balcony).

No, there is not a category between mini and the Haven rooms on the BA.

Edited by dexddd

Just so you know, you don't have to wait until after final payment to look for price drops. My cruise on the Breakaway isn't until next year. Yet, the price has already dropped since booking it last month and I was able to upgrade from an ocean view on deck 5 to a BB balcony on deck 10 for $48 per person.

I was on the Gem (in a mini-suite) in 2008. Am going on the Breakaway (for the first time) in a couple of months.

One thing you may not have yet discovered is that the heavy curtain that separates the bed from the couch area in the Gem mini-suites is (to the best of my knowledge) NOT a part of the Breakaway mini-suites. Since you're going with two extras, you should be aware that should you upgrade from a balcony to a mini-suite, you will NOT have the separation between the two sleeping areas that you likely enjoyed on the Gem.

I did not know this, but this is some valuable information! The curtain divider was a key asset since I was able to sneak out on the balcony every morning to enjoy quiet coffee time with the hubster before the kids woke up. The curtain blocked out the light. Uughh. :rolleyes:

Just so you know, you don't have to wait until after final payment to look for price drops. My cruise on the Breakaway isn't until next year. Yet, the price has already dropped since booking it last month and I was able to upgrade from an ocean view on deck 5 to a BB balcony on deck 10 for $48 per person.

I've been stalking the NCL site and noticed that the price of my cabin is dropping. Right now I'm playing the "How low can you go" game before I make the call.

Do you think if that the price goes down significantly, I would be able to request a complementary UBP upgrade instead of a room upgrade? Or am I being ridiculously greedy since my kids are sailing free & I have the complementary UDP already?