Regal Princess Promenade Deck

nreeder

I am well aware that neither Royal or Regal have full around outside promenade decks so you can't go for a "walk" around. What I am wondering (don't give me info on Royal because I know it's slightly different), is whether you can kind of make a "U" shaped outside walk using the small interconnecting outside passages together with the wide spaces where loungers are and "crossing over" at the elevator lobby in front of the Vista Lounge?

I know there's a running track up top, but that is very exposed and we are doing trans-Atlantic/Baltic so it could be kind of windy and cold up there.

I had read that at least sometimes the narrower outside passages were open on the Regal, but not on the Royal.

Norm

We did the transatlantic on the Regal this past fall. The passages were not open. We went to check it out. It is so narrow I would not have wanted to walk though them anyway. We did walk on the walking track. It was not bad at all. It could be a little windy at times but after a few times we started to like walking there better than down on the deck. Everyone is walking in the same direction and the runners have their own lane so you don't have to worry about running into them or them into you. Give it a try you might like it better than you think.

We were on the Regal in September. The Promenade deck was open all the way from the forward elevators to the aft end of the ship. A majority of the route is behind the lifeboats and is only four feet wide. There are areas along the route where hot air is discharging and other spots where there are unpleasant odors. Not nice stroll along the railing. You can do a complete circle by crossing over at the front elevators and at the aft elevators. As far as I know, the walk behind the lifeboats has not been opened to the public on the Royal.

Edited by IECalCruiser