Disney Magic

Tigerman4LSU

We are going on the Disney Magic in 5 weeks from Sunday. What movies are the currently showing on the ship? I know it is subject to change, but I will refrain from watching those movies.

George

If you call 888-325-2500 about 2 weeks prior to your cruise, they can tell you what's showing. Just choose the "reservations" option when prompted.

The movie line generally tells you what is already released and scheduled. It often does not tell you any new releases coming out while you are on the ship. Generally, if there is a new Disney release while you are cruising, you can see it on the ship the same day it is released on land.

Hey Tigerman4LSU - you know from my review thread I am just off Magic. I kept my Navigators and can tell you what they were playing while we were on board.

Maleficent

Guardians of the Galaxy

Strange Magic

The Hundred Foot Journey

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible No Good Very Bad Day

Big Hero 6

Frozen

Into the Woods

Hope that helps.

Where did your cruise go to? Would you be able to Inbox or email me a copy of the navigator

If not, you can locate Navigators on line. This is not a small thing--it is at least 4 pages per day, not counting the supplemental pages. On the TA cruise it was often 6 pages per day! For a 7 night cruise, that's a lot of pages to scan or post or whatever.

Edited by moki'smommy

I guess my point is that the Navigators are all basically the same, even from a few years ago in terms of layout, what is likely to be offered as far as activities, etc. The details and times of activities vary from one cruise to the next and even from one week to the next but the overall "game plan" has been in the same rough form for many years.

If you look at a navigator from 2 weeks before your cruise, you still won't know for sure what is happening at 3 pm on Tuesday. You'll be able to make an educated guess, but not know for sure. We used to be able to predict that "Match Your Mate" would be played the first night at 10:30--no longer true, but it is typically one night during a 7 night cruise.

You can't look at an old Navigator and use that to KNOW for sure when stuff is or figure out when you want to go to the spa or whatever because "nothing" is happening. Again better than guessing? Maybe. But not accurate for YOUR cruise. It is of some value to look at an old one for your type of cruise, but don't try to make plans etched in stone. Your Navigators will likely be different.

Found one for the wonder. And I've been looking. And getting excited. November can't come fast enough

Here is a question....for the character meet and greets....do you go each day to guest services to get a time? And say Mickey is on each day. Is it always the same costume?

Found one for the wonder. And I've been looking. And getting excited. November can't come fast enough

Here is a question....for the character meet and greets....do you go each day to guest services to get a time? And say Mickey is on each day. Is it always the same costume?

Very few meet and greets require a ticket and those that do are not held "out in the open." No, you do not go to GS each day for tickets. You can get all the tickets you need for the entire cruise on embarkation day. On our most recent Magic cruise (September 2014) they were at GS but others have reported different locations for handing out the tickets--check the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you will get in the terminal.

For most character appearances, you just get in line. There are MANY costumes for each character. Normally you will see Captain Mickey, Pirate Mickey, formal Mickey, beach Mickey,etc. Basically a different costume each night. In Europe, Mickey and Minnie had a different costume for each country we visited. In addition, they have holiday costumes, etc. The princesses will often have only one or two outfits (as per their films). Belle will have the gold gown and the blue dress. She does not normally appear in the red velvet, etc. but may on special occasions.

Another great thing is that you MAY run into characters just walking around the ship. These are wonderful moments. You can see scheduled appearances in the Navigator, posted on the electronic signs in the lobby, and by calling the PALS line on the phone. But you never know when to expect a "magical moment" on deck or in an elevator or whatever.

Yes, Mickey is out each day several times.

Edited by moki'smommy