To upset to sleep.

brn2crz

I know there are many threads about the Hurricane already,and I apologize in advance,if this offends anyone..

But I just can't sleep...I just keep seeing all those people...No where to go,some still stranded in their homes,no food or water for 3 days.Wet clothes,just sitting on the Highway,or in parking lots..Waiting...Pitch dark...Hot...

I just pray they get help...Quickly...

Thanks for listening.

Definitly brings a new outlook to life.

I know there are many threads about the Hurricane already,and I apologize in advance,if this offends anyone..

But I just can't sleep...I just keep seeing all those people...No where to go,some still stranded in their homes,no food or water for 3 days.Wet clothes,just sitting on the Highway,or in parking lots..Waiting...Pitch dark...Hot...

Thanks for listening.

After reading your heartfelt post I glanced at the threads below it. The one below yours that caught my eye was....."DO YOU THINK THIS COMPENSATION IS FAIR FOR THE MAJESTY OF THE SEAS CRUISE". Kinda makes you think what really is important in this world. <sigh>

It sure makes me count my blessings.

Thanks for listening.

I too haven't gotten a good nights sleep since Saturday night. First couple of nights worrying about a friend and her family in southeast LA and Gulfport, MS. And now trying to see what I can do to help them get past this. My friend has power intermittently and emails me about what is happening there in Baton Rouge where she is and what they need, such as they have tons of evacuees but no food and no water, and no gas to give them to get to places where they can get it.

I can't imagine anyone being offended.We should all count our blessings and say a prayer for all those affected.I think it shows what a caring person you are.

I haven't posted in a long time because of all the flaming but I just wanted to talk to you because I can't sleep either. We all have differant problems to deal with and I find myself depressed sometimes but nothing I've experienced can even come close to what these people are going through. My heart goes out to all and I wish them the strength and courage to hang in there.

Thanks for posting (everyone)..

I know what you mean...Its so easy on here,to disrespect and insult each other.

No one wants this kind of tragedy,but it is good to see that when it comes down to it,most people really care about each other..

Hang in there.

Can't sleep here is Chicago either. I read that Carnival as well as other cruise lines have been approached by the Fed's to turn several cruise ships into shelter for those displaced. Instant beds if you will. I am not sure if it will happen but an interesting train of thought. So sad...

OK I can't sleep either. Those scenes on tv play on my mind. I drove through my town running errands earlier and I kept trying to imagine all of Plano underwater, losing everything.. being lost emotionally, losing hope, losing family members. It was unthinkable. I looked out at my beautiful front lawn, flowers ablaze, clean street with a few parked cars, kids on bikes and I tried to imagine it submerged with water, debris floating by, people trying to find a dry place, food, drinkable water, shelter. I pray all the people affected find the strength to survive this horrific ordeal. I know all Americans, as we have done in the past, will come together and do as much as we can to help.

On another note the scenes of the looters made me want to KILL!!! Sorry I had to get that out.

OMG you said that about the looters and just about read my mind. I work for an ambulance service... have for almost 20 years... and saw the one on TV that had to shut down its evacuation efforts at the hospitals to wait for ARMED GUARDS to help. Made me sick!!!! Why would you mess with people who are coming to help? Ugh. I know that the people there are hurting and desperate but shooting at the ambulances that are taking your loved ones out is not helping...

Well, I pray that those who are safe tonight remain so.... and those who are not... become safe (without resorting to violence).

OK I can't sleep either. Those scenes on tv play on my mind. I drove through my town running errands earlier and I kept trying to imagine all of Plano underwater, losing everything.. being lost emotionally, losing hope, losing family members. It was unthinkable. I looked out at my beautiful front lawn, flowers ablaze, clean street with a few parked cars, kids on bikes and I tried to imagine it submerged with water, debris floating by, people trying to find a dry place, food, drinkable water, shelter. I pray all the people affected find the strength to survive this horrific ordeal. I know all Americans, as we have done in the past, will come together and do as much as we can to help.

On another note the scenes of the looters made me want to KILL!!! Sorry I had to get that out.

Me too, Bonnie. Watching scenes on TV and couldn't help thinking back to how CA bay area looked after the 1989 Loma Prieta quake, and how terrifying it was, even to those of us who didn't suffer much property damage. Just the horror of friends and family in jeopardy with no means of communication. Can't even begin to imagine how much worse for those without basic necessities, unable to escape, or with family already lost to the storm. Praying for all those in need and hurting in the gulf regions tonight, and hoping rescue comes quickly.

And as you say, SO much anger at those parasites who seek to profit or amuse themselves by taking advantage of tragedy.

I have limited myself watching what's going on for all of those poor people. I find myself getting depressed, and I know how much watching I can take. After 911, I went into a depression. Then I spoke with one of the docs I work with and he gave me the % of people depressed from it. When I heard this, it made me feel better and then it lifted a cloud and I realised that I wasn't alone and there wasn't anything wrong with me.

This time I took action. I am collecting $$ at work,for the victims and am sending it to the Red Cross. Helps me focus and feel like I am helping, my coping mechanism.

I too find myself awake all night and now it's 4:15 in the am. My husband will be waking soon for work and will scold me for still being up but how can I sleep when all I see when I close my eyes is the suffering of so many people? Believe me I have been sending up a lot of prayers for those people. God be with them!

I am 180 miles inland ( just ouside Jackson Ms.)and had my power restored at 1000 pm actually 3 days earlier than expected The entergy trucks are coming from everywhere its amazing how fast they have been getting things done. This is was one of those storms that you couldnt really outrun. There were atleast 50 tress across the roads in my neighborhood. about 1/4 of the gas stations are open with line about 4 hours long.

After getting my power back and watching the news I dont think Ill sleep tonight either. I am very fortunant to have only lost power. I cant even imagine how they must be feeling or what they have been though This is very sad. My prayers are with all of these people and familys tonight.

I was watching the overnight news just now, and they had interviewed a couple earlier today that had built their "dream home" and now weren't sure if there would be anything left of it when they got there.

They did an "update" on this couple, and when they got to their house, it was still there, but the looters had stripped it bare!

:( :( :(

No sleep for me, either....I am from Lafayette originally, and though I don't have any family left there it is like "my people" are suffering. I can't bear to watch any of it on TV, I have only been reading on the internet. I haven't slept in weeks, though, as I lost my mother two weeks ago. I am so sad tonight. :(

Also sad that the looters are taking comfort in material things, I know I would give up everything I own at this point just to have five more minutes with my mom. I can't imagine losing her along with everything else I had, that would just do me in. The pain of losing someone you love is hard enough....harder than I ever imagined it would be.

I've been praying a lot lately.

What I don't understand about those looters is don't they know that when they are taken out of the city that they can't take the stuff with them? Will they try to hide it in their homes until they can get back in? If that is the case when the water goes down and officals start going door to door looking for the bodies and come across any looted items they should confiscate it so that none of those scumbags can make a dime off of it.

I was standing in the kitchen last night here at home, still watching tv as I had been all day, when I turned on the water faucet to get some water to cook some rice with. I think that's when it really hit me how lucky we are and how unfortunate those affected by all this are. They can't even turn on a faucet, let alone cook something.

I stood there and looked around and I too wondered what I would be seeing right now had we been hit like those people have.

You're all so right; it really does make you think.

I don't live in the US but my heart goes out to everyone who lost everything in the hurricane,last year our region suffered from Ivan and I know how long the recovery process can be. I have been looking at the news and following the stories online and cannot believe the extent of destruction.

As for the reports of looting, I am really trying to be objective but how do these two photos differ?

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/photos_ts_afp/050830071810_shxwaoma_photo1

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/050830/480/ladm10208301530

You know you can understand people looting for a loaf bread or bottled water, starvation and thirst must be horrid...but Nike sneakers, TV, etc. PLEASE! I could hardly believe my eyes as I watched Dateline last night and they showed how the guards at a Walmart could no longer hold back the looters, then showed the security guards joining in on the looting had grocery carts and where filling them up. Shameful!

I'm another one who haven't slept in days. I keep watching and seeing those poor people just struggling to survive, waiting for someone to help them. I feel so helpless. I hope Carlival and other cruise ship come to their aid. I for one would give up my up coming cruise for them.

God please keep them safe.

Maddie

We are praying for the victims. Just contrast the victims along the Gulf Coast compared to the images we are seeing in New Orleans. I feel so much compassion for those who have lost everything.

I am outraged at those who stayed in New Orleans and now treat it like their personal playground, stealing from others who have suffered loss. We even hear that the criminal element is stealing relief supplies from trucks sent to help. I understand the desparation for food and water, but no excuse for stealing plasma TVs, designer clothes, computers, on and on.

This is called anarchy.

Archived