Where does a BX room get me?

Kosi

It depends. BX cabin itself means one of the few actual BX category cabins (often there are only 2 to 4) on the ship and If you are booking early enough and have the chance of choosing one of those, then that is where you'll be.

However after the actual cabins in that category are sold out, NCL uses the lowest category (ending in X) in each cabin type (inside, oceanview, balcony, minisuite) as guarantee category, so if you are asking about BX GTY, then above answers apply - you will be assigned a cabin from any category BX or higher, it can mean a nice upgrade (in rare cases even an upgrade to a minisuite) but it can also mean worst balcony cabin available (one that nobody has wanted to choose for them).

Thank you for this thread. We just booked a BX GTY. We have booked a GTY several times for an Inside, but never a Balcony GTY. The verbiage on the NCL website has the standard Guaranty wording, such as "may have an obstructed view." I'm curious though, how can a balcony have an obstructed view? Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks.

The obstructed balcony I believe are the hull balconies. I had a hull balcony and loved it because we still had a clear glass.

Thanks for this info. What is a hull balcony and how is the view obstructed? Can you still walk out onto the balcony?

We had a BX GTY recently on the Jewel and were assigned a handicap-accessible balcony stateroom aft on deck 9. It was a very nice room and was about 50% larger than a standard cabin. We were right next to the aft stairs/elevators so it was a quick climb/ride up or down to the Garden Cafe, Tsar's Palace, gift shop, photo gallery etc. It was a long walk to the front of the ship for the gym, Spinnaker's, theater, etc.

Edited by hawk1972