BOGOWILD Promo - my anticipation was dashed ! Lol

Thank you for this help and one question: If I find that the fare gets lowered, do I just call RC, since that is who I booked the cruise with vs a travel agent…Since I'm a newbie at this,I want to make sure I do this right.

You have to contact whoever you booked your cruise with.

We booked a new cruise last Monday, and then when I read about the upcoming sale I figured I would see how much the price goes down and then take advantage of it. But then like others, I saw that the base price went up two days before the sale started. Whether or not we order a drink package using the promo code or choose to go for the 50% off the 2nd person, it's still more $$$ either way. Still have 14 months until the cruise, so I guess we'll just watch and see.

This is a bigger scam than the Southwest Airlines lawsuit of 49 dollar fares, only to find there are no 49 dollar fares. I just started a booking and the fare published was 1099 per person. When I clicked on the pricing details, the main passenger then jumped to 1500 and the second was 759. What a scam.. Just juggling the numbers.

That's all it is ... but how it's presented is the major attraction, especially to newbies, the demographic they're after. It's not so much a scam, but rather a clever marketing presentation. Nobody's being taken ... cruising remains an outstanding value, and most of those folks being targeted likely couldn't afford any other type of family vacation. It's working, so expect more of the same.

Take the advice of a veteran cruiser ... if you like the itinerary, and the price is right, book it. Keep track of any changes along the way (you may be surprised at some of the price increases), and if there's a drop in fare, contact Royal or your travel agent.