Ensenada to San Diego Airport

PSDottie

I think it would take you about 1 hr to the border. If you went by cab, you'd have to exit and walk across the border where you could get the trolley to downtown San Diego and that would be another 30 to 45 minutes to downtown. That's a doable thing but depends on how much luggage you have. Maybe someone else will give you info on a company that could take you all the way to San Diego without walking acrossed. Good luck.

RCCL has a bus 79 dollars to San Diego airport -- about 2 hrs to border -- walk across border with carry ons - get back on once on the US side - another 45 min or so to San Diego airport.

I looked into a limo service -- pick up at port - to San Diego was 220 + tip and tolls. Estimated at 294 for up to three people. Another service quoted 450 for a limo for up to 6 people.

It is 90 miles from Ensenada to San Diego. If there is a shuttle available from the cruise line, that is your best bet. Due to the border it is difficult to get public transportation easily, and you cannot take rental cars over the border. I live in San Diego and I see the buses picking people up from the airport to go to Ensenada or coming back for RCL cruises all winter long. Too bad they have not managed to make the stop in Ensenada for a hour or two (like HAL and Princess) that allows them to go RT from San Diego or LA to Hawaii. I hate having to do that Ensenada to San Diego trip after a cruise....it takes away a good amount of the relaxation.

Thanks for your replies. We really wanted to do the RCL cruise from Hawaii but since my husband is handicapped I want to make this trip as easy as possible for him (and me). I think I will try a round trip from San Diego or LA instead.

Dottie, check out the Disabled Cruisers forum here.

My mother uses a wheelchair full time. We are leaving in a couple weeks on our second LA to Hawaii RT on the Island Princess and have also gone RT from San Diego on HAL (the Statendam). I would definately recommend this instead of going through Ensenada although the buses I have seen RCL run do have wheelchair lifts.

Archived