Transportation and Dockyard Shops During Cup Match

Dorhead1230

For anyone who has been in Bermuda during Cup Match in the summer (Emancipation Day and Somer's Day):

I know that the public transportation runs on a reduced holiday schedule, but do the buses that run straight from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay still run?

Are the historical sites in St. Georges (the lighthouse and such) open on these days?

I know that most shops close on these days. However, as the Dockyard shops are open on Sundays when ships are in port, do they also open on these holidays when ships are in port?

Thank you in advance for any information you can offer based on your experiences!

I just posted the same question, OP, with no replies. I googled what's open during cup match because although I've been to BDA many times, I never have cruised there during Cup Match. It seems that the Dockyard shops and restaurants are open, transportation on a much more limited schedule, and beaches more crowded since Bermudians have the holiday off. The site I found was a local responding to prospective tourists questions about what their experience would be like. I think he mentioned that some of the tourist attractions like Crystal Caves and Aquarium would be open, but with more limited staffing. Obviously if the cruise line is selling a particular shorex, they must have contracted with the company to run the tour.

Hi, and thanks for sharing the results of your research. I think that I am going to also re-post these questions on the NCL board, as well. The port boards just don't seem to get enough traffic to get several people's experiences! I will come back to share any useful information I might receive. Are you on the July 26 NCL Breakaway sailing, by the way? If so, come on over to our roll call! :D

Looking at the Dawn. I have a mid August sailing booked, but I'm from Boston and you can't get me out of here fast enough. With this unrelenting snow and cold that is seemingly never ending, I'm trying to move my cruise earlier in the summer.