Taxi cost to Playa Porto Marie

Mac9624

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just there last week. Cab at pier waited until there were six of us and charged us 12.50 pp each way. I tried to get him to take less since there were six of us but he would not. He did come back as asked right on time and charged the same on the way back for four of us. It is quite a ways, almost 30 minutes and he drove pretty crazy.

Porta Marie is just beautiful. Having visited most of the islands in the Caribbean I can say this is my favorite. I think it's the blue of the ocean that I love. We had not been here for several years and it is much busier now. Still fairly quiet but by 1100 all the chairs were taken. We got there at 0930 and very few were there at that time so I suggest you go early. We took lots of pics. Snorkeling is excellent and they take divers out too. Food was not cheap, 2 drinks and two fries with tip was $25. We went back at 2:00 and still had time to walk into town to shop. Free wifi at the bar.