CDG Connections to Prague

SrTrPro

We are flying AF from Dulles to CDG with connection on AF (Czech Air). Arr time is 8:25am with connecting flight leaving at 9:45am. Flights should land and depart from either terminal 2E or 2F.

Realize we will have to go thru immigration, but our luggage should be checked all the way thru to Prague. We are in Prem. Econ. right near the exit door. Flight was booked thru Viking Air, although we paid the extra to choose AF as our carrier.

Is there a reasonable chance to make the connection assuming that inbound is on time? If flight from Dulles leaves on time, there is a good chance we could also arrive early with tail winds.

Thanks,

Bruce

Having connected through CDG many times, I would never do so with a connection less than 2 hours. This airport is just a mess. Overcrowded, disorganized, poorly signed and ground staff are not helpful in general.

I have missed as many connections as I have made through CDG and do all I can to avoid this airport.

You will have to go through both immigration and security, and lines at both are often backed up.

According to the link above, AF flights arriving from Dulles us terminal 2F and AF flights departing for Prague use terminal 2F.

Realize this is a general rule and that terminal and gates can change at a moments notice.

If both flights are 2F, I would assume we would only have to do immigration and not security.

If that holds true, maybe there is a chance. There are at least 3 flights to Prague later on - 1st one is at 1pm.

Bruce

You'll still have to do security because you are entering the Schengen zone. CDG arrivals and departures are segregated quite a bit.

(the signage is MUCH better now than it was 2-3 years ago - we had NO problems transiting in December 2014, whereas the last time we changed planes there - 2011 -was a mess) I wouldn't love that short a connection (90 minutes is my minimum) but with Prem Voyageur, you'll be able to use the Sky Priority/Acces no.1 lanes)