Breeze Questions

BearJim

Just off of the 8 Day Southern Caribbean cruise. Have all Fun Times but not scanned yet.

Didn't start boarding until Noon...had FTTF so got on quick. Got 2 of 3 suitcases (clothes) fairly quick but didn't get the 3rd until 4 pm ish.

Dinner in MDR first night was slow....so asked for a dif table/section on night 2

Dinner in MDR on 2nd night (Cruise Elegant night) was slow again and main server didn't speak much....so we got a dif table/section for night 3

Dinner in MDR, Table 299, Saphire Dining Room, My Time Dining, private table and perfect service every night

We befriended the Head Hostess (Jovanna) which is how we got this table. Server was from India and was fantastic (Maidu was his name, Ass't servers were Yoga and Bambang)

If you like beef ie prime rib, short ribs etc....the Dining room will be kind to you

Tried a few of the local port menu specials and all were very good

Guys Burgers, great as always...fries greasy..but delish

BlueIguana Burrito/Taco bar, fantastic...ate lunch here a couple of times

Pizza Pirate - NEVER any slices ready....argh

Lido Marketplate/Buffest.....have breakfast and lunch here a couple of times...was ok. Skip the Mongolian Wok area.

Cucina Italian for lunch - slow but good

Room 7278 was noisy each night till midnight via music from Atrium otherwise great location. There is a storage closet directly across from this room but no issues with noise and there are no other room doors immediately beside or across from this room so very private and quiet. Stateroom Attendant was Sergei from the Ukraine and he was also great. Gave us a tour of the suites at the end of the cruise. Got us a corkscrew for wine and was always friendly.

Night 3 the ship was incredibly rocky and I succumb to major sea sickness...I was toast from 4 pm to Midnight. Got pills from Guest Services AND slapped the ear patch on for the first time ever. Next day I was fine and was fine for the duration of the cruise.

Both my fiancé and I got a stomach bug which we blame on fries we had in port at a diner in Curacao. We are both finally fully recovered. It caused cramping for the bulk of the cruise. Didn't affect the blast we had on the cruise.

Aruba fantastic! Did the Carnival Off Road 4x4 tour to the Natural Pool. Rough and fun ride and amazing Natural Pool aka Conchi. Went to Eagle Beach via taxi after grabbing lunch on ship once tour was done. Beautiful beach. Wow. Speechless. Go to this beach and ask to be dropped off near Passions for a sunset dinner on the beach ($$$) Beach loungers were $10 or so for two. This was a quiet beach. One of the best I've been too.

Booked Irie Half Day Bus Tour in Curacao which was decent and stayed at Mambo beach which was the last stop on the tour. Cabbed it back. Fantastic beach as well with man made reef you can swim out to and climb up on and layout with waves splashing up on you or jump in and play in the warm water. Beach loungers were $6 or so for two. This was a busy beach.

Grand Turk - had booked the Stand Up Paddle Boarding through Carnival but it was canceled due to the choppy waters so we booked the ATV tour instead. Lots of fun but not very picturesque at all....drove through slums...similar to many other ATV tours I've done in St Thomas, Jamaica and St Maarten so oh well. Hung out at the beach afterwards in front of the ship. Cloudy day so back on the ship early.

Divas show...blah (2nd time for me seeing it, first for her). She wasn't impressed.

The Brits...better than Divas

Latin Nights....better than Divas

Love and Marriage show always funny

Cruise Director Matt....good, not Butch, but best aside from Butch

My fav cruise thus far thanks to the itinerary, ship and cruising partner.

Edited by CanadianCruiser38

My fav cruise thus far thanks to the itinerary, ship and cruising partner.

Thank you so much for your review! We're doing the 8 day in June and we can't wait. If you have a chance to post the Fun Times, that'd be amazing.

We are doing the Cruise in May to Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel also and would love to get the itinerary /fun times as this is our first time cruising and feel like I have no clue about what I need to plan or what options we have. Can't wait super excited as it has been cold here in SD! Any one have any suggestions for excursions?

We are doing the Cruise in May to Jamaica, GC, and Cozumel also and would love to get the itinerary /fun times as this is our first time cruising and feel like I have no clue about what I need to plan or what options we have. Can't wait super excited as it has been cold here in SD! Any one have any suggestions for excursions?

we did this cruise last month and the highlight for us was booking The Blue Hole in Jamaica with an independent tour guide.

google it if you'd like to see what it's all about! we're still talking about how fun it was!

Carnival doesn't offer it.

What tour company did you work with? We are planning on doing this tour. What all did it include?

I booked it online thru carnival. This looks like a great cruise so excited. Especially with the concert series.Has anyone ever done the stingray excursion with Captain Bryan's? This doesn't include air. I booked that thru a site. Really the only thing I'm struggling with is what hotel to stay in.

Edited by Sawalz01

What tour company did you work with? We are planning on doing this tour. What all did it include?

I'll be on the May 17th sailing too and I am booking a tour of the blue hole, white river tubing, and Dunn's River falls with Peat Taylor Tours for$90/adult. It'll be my daughter and I but if you're interested in this tour, I can get you his info!

Sherry :)

PS: I would also be interested in the six-day Fun Times!

I just got off the breeze 2 weeks ago the spa pkg cost 189.00 per week for one person. I was shocked because people on here said it was 139.00. I did purchase it but I got bad intel here. lol

My family will be doing 6 days on the Breeze in June. Cayman, Falmouth, and Cozumel. I'd love to see the Fun times as well (please).

Also, we have been to Cayman, not my fav port, and Cozumel. We spent the day at Nachi the last time, but are thinking about Sanchos this cruise since our 4 young teens are going. Any suggestions?

This will be our 1st time in Jamaica so I'd love some suggestions on what to do there with 4 teens as well. Something that won't cost a ton. They will be 13, 14, 14 &15. Thanks!