Shareholder Benefit

JKrise

The "Shareholder Benefit" is coming to an end on July 31, 2015, for "cruises purchased by Feb. 28, 2015". Just search: carnival corporation shareholder benefits . This brings you to a page that points to a PDF Document. Sorry for the bad news, maybe when the selloff starts, the B.O.D will have a change of heart.

I strongly suggest you research this issue over the last 10+ years before announcing the (bogus) termination of the program.

This is why I usually just lurk. I call it the way I see it. PDF is REAL, UNTIL that changes, it's ending. There was a thread a while back that stated Carnival is changing a lot of their loyalty programs. Could this be part of the bigger picture? I sincerely hope not.

Edited by Lenliner

they have to approve it every year at or just before the stockholder's meeting. It is a yearly benefit that has been approved each year. And will likely continue. There is always the chance it can be stopped, but I am sure that would impact their business revenue.

Unlike Royal's shareholder benefit I have found Carnival's to be combinable with other discounts promotions. For this reason, I sold Royal's stock and bought Carnival's. In retrospect, turned out to be a bad decision as Royal's stock soared afterwards. On the other hand if I could predict these things I would be cruising on my own private yacht.

I found out the hard way when I applied for the RCCL shareholder OBC to be combined with our FCC OBCs and was denied. After that I did not buy any more FCC and pretty much stopped sailing on RCCL. However I did keep their stock as it is doing quite well since I bought it. Carnival shareholder benefit can be combined with other OBC at least on Carnival cruises and Princess cruises and has been a good investment for me. Best part of Carnival shareholder OBC is all the cruise lines Carnival Corp owns.

All the cruiseline shareholder OBC are on an annual basis and renewed each year. That way the company can change the benefit at the end of the year if it wants/needs to without getting sued.

The benefit is one per stateroom and is $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7 to 13 days and $250 for 14 days+. At least 100 shares of stock has to be in the pax's name in any account (IRA, 401K, brokerage account, etc). All that is needed is documentation proving you own it like brokerage account statement. This is for all North American Carnival Corp brands. They also have OBC for the UK, European and Australian Carnival Corp brands.

Edited by satxdiver

I found out the hard way when I applied for the RCCL shareholder OBC to be combined with our FCC OBCs and was denied. After that I did not buy any more FCC and pretty much stopped sailing on RCCL. However I did keep their stock as it is doing quite well since I bought it. Carnival shareholder benefit can be combined with other OBC at least on Carnival cruises and Princess cruises and has been a good investment for me. Best part of Carnival shareholder OBC is all the cruise lines Carnival Corp owns.

All the cruiseline shareholder OBC are on an annual basis and renewed each year. That way the company can change the benefit at the end of the year if it wants/needs to without getting sued.

The benefit is one per stateroom and is $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7 to 13 days and $250 for 14 days+. At least 100 shares of stock has to be in the pax's name in any account (IRA, 401K, brokerage account, etc). All that is needed is documentation proving you own it like brokerage account statement. This is for all North American Carnival Corp brands. They also have OBC for the UK, European and Australian Carnival Corp brands.

One comment (please note, I am not a tax attorney or enrolled agent so take what I say accordingly). My financial advisor cautioned me not to use my stock in my IRA for this benefit. While the cruise line does not care and will probably not report you, using it would cause you to achieve a tangible benefit from your tax advantaged stock and thus could be deemed a violation by the IRS. Any tax lawyers here wish to offer an opinion?

This is why I usually just lurk. I call it the way I see it. PDF is REAL, UNTIL that changes, it's ending. There was a thread a while back that stated Carnival is changing a lot of their loyalty programs. Could this be part of the bigger picture? I sincerely hope not.

Carnival Cruise Line has a loyalty program. It has no shareholder benefit.

CarnivalCorp. has the shareholder benefit. It has no loyalty program.

The two are not the same.

Edited by thinfool