Stockholm Problem

We are getting off Connie 7/3 in the AM. We have transfer to ARN. However flight doesn't leave until 4:20pm. Any suggestions as to how to use the time constructively without schlepping luggage? Celebrity does not offer a transfer tour. SAS told us they have a place to check luggage before checkin. Any attractions around the airport area? Or anyother suggestions appreciated.
Sam

Take a cab to the downtown train station, stash your luggage in lockers, go sightseeing in Gamla Stan, which is just a short walk away.

When you're done, take the fast train to the airport.

That's what we did, in reverse, when we landed at Stockholm at 7:30 AM and couldn't board the ship until 3 PM.

Sadrezin, I thought you might want to be aware that you may not have as much time as you would expect for a 4:20 flight. Under the reply to "docking in Sweden" on the Celebrity board, posters said that you need to be at the airport 3 hours before an SAS flight. There is a Swedish holiday at that time and large crowds are expected at the airport, especially at SAS. I hope you find something to do, as I know sitting in an airport isn't the most fun thing...

I'm looking forward to meeting you also! I'm glad that SAS told you they only require 1 hour, as part of our group found out their travel arrangements today. They have a 10:40 SAS flight, so 3 hours would have been impossible!

Archived