Sea sickness with being forward versus midship

mommyto3nj

I get very sea sick so my doctor prescribes my Meclizine for motion sickness and Zofran for nausea and it has worked the best. I didn't get sick once on my last cruise with that combo. The patches make me more sick because they are too strong. The middle of the ship is the best place to be. The front is the worst. Btw... The prescription Meclizine is the same as the Bonine but way cheaper. Also a balcony room helped me, I get sick in a Oceanview or inside room. Good luck :)

This is the first time I'm doing a balony room. 10th deck midship (towards the aft). I am going to not do the patch this trip. I think it would work but the side effect (sinus issues) were too strong.

I also need something that I can drink with. Couldn't drink with the patch as one drink and I felt it :(

Actually for some people looking back while you are in a forward motion like looking back from an aft cabin while the ship is moving can trigger nausea. I think low and mid is best but the 10th deck isn't bad as you are somewhat mid,

I was on 2nd deck and mid and I was so sick that cruise (that's the one I didn't put the patch on until I started getting sick though so if I followed directions, then maybe I wouldn't have been so sick!)