Check-in question--can't find answer

bonship

We are embarking on the Ruby this Saturday during the ship's 8am-8pm stop in Buenos Aires. The Ruby is on a 49 day voyage from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles with a couple of embarkation points along the way, but Buenos Aires isn't one of them. Does anyone know what time passengers can board in this situation? I called Princess and the agent said 7:30 pm--which is crazy--and after further checking said 1 pm. We were hoping to board about 11 am. Does that dound doable? Thanks for any input. Love CC.

We are embarking on the Ruby this Saturday during the ship's 8am-8pm stop in Buenos Aires. The Ruby is on a 49 day voyage from Ft. Lauderdale to Los Angeles with a couple of embarkation points along the way, but Buenos Aires isn't one of them. Does anyone know what time passengers can board in this situation? I called Princess and the agent said 7:30 pm--which is crazy--and after further checking said 1 pm. We were hoping to board about 11 am. Does that dound doable? Thanks for any input. Love CC.
I gather you're boarding at an itinerary port rather than an embarkation port. If you're staying at a Princess hotel, there'll be a Princess rep in the lobby with all of the information. If you aren't, then you should be fine arriving at about 11AM to board. I wouldn't get there any earlier. Buenos Aires is not the best embarkation port as the terminal is very small and shared if there's more than one ship in port.

Not sure why they told you it wasn't an embarkation port...there are 11 & 28 day cruises from BA listed for the 21st Feb. EM
There are probably fewer people than typical boarding because there are 14/31 day cruises starting in Rio on the 18th and 11/28 day cruises starting in Buenos Aires on the 21st. In addition there are many people doing a B2B2B from FLL to LA. A couple of years ago we got to the port at around 10:30. Seating filled up quickly. We boarded around noon as is typical for a Princess cruise. We were staying independently at the Princess hotel (Marriott at that time) and were able to book Princess transfers at the hotel. It was about the same price as a cab.