Dynamic Dinning on the Quantum, yes or no?

Dynamic Dinning on the Quantum, yes or no? I would like to here the pro's and con's and what other options there are to the dinning venue. Is the traditional dinning still available? I looked around the RCCL site and couldn't find anything.

Edited by Seaworthy01

Ok then, traditional dining is not an option on the Quantum but a variation of it will reportedly be available on the Anthem. As for our experience with DD I would say we could go either way and be happy.

We always cruise with a group and on the Quantum there were 10 of us. All dining reservations were made well before the cruise but we were able to change some onboard without any problems. With early seating we never had a wait.

We enjoyed the menu variety and the food quality was as good or better than what we've had on prior cruises.

Most of our group preferred the traditional dining experience where you have the same server every night but this was/is not a big issue for us.

I guess it all depends on what you like or can tolerate.

We weren't a big fan of the Quantum in general but DD wasn't one of the reasons and it wouldn't prevent us from booking on a ship that had it.

Other options? The Windjammer or Specialty Restaurants.

Edited by sailset

We did a b2b on Quantum and loved Dynamic Dining. We had no problems and enjoyed some dining venues more than others.

It is proposed that on Anthem you will have your choice of Classic Dining or Dynamic Dining. Classic Dining will be like traditional dining on other RCI ships with an early and late seating but you will rotate each restaurant with your wait staff in tow. Dynamic Dining will also be available for those that want to dine at their leisure.

Ok then, traditional dining is not an option on the Quantum but a variation of it will reportedly be available on the Anthem. As for our experience with DD I would say we could go either way and be happy.

We always cruise with a group and on the Quantum there were 10 of us. All dining reservations were made well before the cruise but we were able to change some onboard without any problems. With early seating we never had a wait.

We enjoyed the menu variety and the food quality was as good or better than what we've had on prior cruises.

Most of our group preferred the traditional dining experience where you have the same server every night but this was/is not a big issue for us.

I guess it all depends on what you like or can tolerate.

We weren't a big fan of the Quantum in general but DD wasn't one of the reasons and it wouldn't prevent us from booking on a ship that had it.

Other options? The Windjammer or Specialty Restaurants.

Can you provide some information on what you did not like about Q? I am considering the Anthem which will pretty much follow whatever is in Q.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

We loved it. It felt special every night as though we went out to dinner. The service at some venues was spotty and the best wait service on an average, including specialty restaurants, was American Icon Grill. In all the restaurants, we asked for a table for 2 and met & talked with more Pax than we ever did in the classic dining.

Overall the food quality was very good. The only disappointment was lunch at American Icon. I wanted to taste the reuben sandwich--disappointing as there wasn't a lot of corned beef and the bread was not pumpernickel while the Russian dressing came in little cup, aside. It was very dry and not as edible/tasty as I usually get at my local diner or in Houlihan's. However, the vegetable soup was excellent.

I'm not sure if due to many Pax not having dining reserves, but the WJ dining menu and selections was pretty good. Wonderful pasta & antipasti station, salads, ice cream stations, etc. and on two nights that we stopped by to see what they had--one night they surf & turf comprised of huge prawns and filet mignon and another their special was seafood crepes. Also, the bakery section had varieties of breads and freshly bake cookies to die for.