? Golden Pier ?

regnig

Denys222 -

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you are not expecting frills or a beach. It is small, but quaint and friendly. The location is great - just walk out the door and you're in the middle of OSJ - a couple of blocks from the Parrot Club one way and about 3 or 4 blocks from Barrachina's restaurant the other way. Shops line the street.

Rooms are simple, but clean. We didn't spend much time in the room since we just spent one night pre-cruise. The Panorama rooftop restaurant didn't have great views, but it was nice to walk up and have a drink before we went to sleep at night and get a light breakfast in the morning. The Sheraton OSJ was almost right across the street from where the ship docks. Hotel Milano - you will still need a taxi to get to the pier although it is easy walking distance without luggage. We walked over early in the a.m. to see the ship before checking out of the hotel.

You may hear a little noise from the street during the night. It woke my husband up, but not me - we were in the front of the hotel on 4th floor.

...and the big question is -- Would we stay there again???

Yes, the price is good for the value you get. I hope you get to meet the owner - he is a pleasure as is everyone we had contact with.

Another couple from our Cruise Critic group stayed at this hotel the same night and I'm sure they would agree with my opinion.

Have a great time in OSJ!

Kaye

Pier 4W is the West side of Pier 4 in Old San Juan. We used Pier 4 last week on the Golden but our ship was on the East side of the pier. We stayed at the OSJ Sheraton and just walked a block up the street to get on the Golden.

Archived