Jade - M1 cabin sizes

Baby_Bear

Hi, finally considering our first NCL cruise in August on the Norwegian Jade, and trying to figure out the cabin sizes. We are looking at an MI (aft facing mini suite) and all I can find is that it says its 285 sq ft but its not clear if that includes balcony, and if so, what's the real living space. Trying to decide if we should upgrade to a full suite or not, but don't want to waste money if the M1 is sufficiently spacious. Do any or all of the NCL experts know? Thanks!:D

Hi, finally considering our first NCL cruise in August on the Norwegian Jade, and trying to figure out the cabin sizes. We are looking at an MI (aft facing mini suite) and all I can find is that it says its 285 sq ft but its not clear if that includes balcony, and if so, what's the real living space. Trying to decide if we should upgrade to a full suite or not, but don't want to waste money if the M1 is sufficiently spacious. Do any or all of the NCL experts know? Thanks!:D

The 285 sq ft includes the balcony. The actual room is about 231 I think. It's not a bad size, especially for just two people. We were in one of these rooms for two weeks last year with our son and it was absolutely fine for us.

I assume when you mention upgrading to a suite you mean one of the aft penthouses. They are certainly bigger and have a bigger balcony. We considered them for last year and decided not to spend the extra, and I'm pleased with the decision. You may obviously place more value on the extra room and other perks.

One thing that may be worth mentioning, if you decide on the mini suite, room 11150 has the bed near the balcony. I believe it is the only one on the ship with that layout.

We had 11656, an aft-mini on Jade for a 2-week Med cruise six years ago. Though not as big as an aft penthouse, it is still roomier than the standard balcony cabin and has more storage space. Anyway, we spent most of our time on our balcony. We really enjoyed that cabin.

Having said that, if you can swing the aft PH, that is even more awesome.