Limo from Miami Airport to Port

tugboat023

65-85.00?one way sound about right.. a regular limo will not be good- you will need a stretch limo since ya'll will have luggage.

a taxi will cost about 20-25 on each cab. with 6 people with luggage you will need a van. IT takes 10-15 minutes fromte airport to the pier. May I ask why not a cab?

check out

www.fla-limo.com

www.Limos.com

www.SobeLimo.com

www.bidalimo.com

www.limoway.com/

Serene56 is pretty close. Prices will vary by company and vehicle provided, but you can get a good idea by looking at his recommended sites and at this site:

http://www.infinity-transportation.com/

click on 'rates' and fill in the rate calculator information.

A 6 passenger limo from MIA to the Port of Miami was $85. A 10 passenger limo (assuming you would need the extra room for luggage) was $95.

Just for comparison the SuperShuttle rate from MIA to the Port of Miami was $10-$12 per person.

I have heard horror stories about people lined up waiting for cabs. I will be sailing on the Valor and I imagine lots of people will be waiting for cabs. My husband is not the most patient person when he has to wait on long lines. I'm just trying to avoid any arguments. I just thought a limo or a van would be easier. I thought I read that the limos companies will only drop off at the port of Miami and not pick up. Is this true ? Any feedback will help.

I had a limo pick us up at the pier in Miami--but we had to go to Fll airport.

-----

there will be tons of taxis after your cruise. I dont think getting one after will be a problem. expect the wait to get off the ship = thats where his patience will be needed. Hopefully you didnt book your flight home til later in the day- and can wait and be one of the last off to ward off the hoardes of people. Also- waiting til the last group off--most of the luggae will be gone so you dont have to wade through rows of it.

Breakfast will be stopped about 9am. get breakfast fromt he dining room as majority of the people will be at the buffet. (leave your stuff in your cabin) after breakfast head back to you cabin and leave the door opened. Stay there until the cabin steward chases you out. then head to a public room to wait.

It really isnt that bad- my man has the patience of a flea and he does just fine.

Thanks Serene56 for the info. My flight back to NJ is at 1:51, so I will be in no rush to get off. I'll talk to the others in the group and see if they want to catch a cab. The last time we booked the shuttle with Carnival, they made us wait in the airport for 2 hours before we were picked up. I'd rather be sitting on the Lido deck sucking down a foo foo drink. Our flight gets in at 10:18. I thought we could get to the port by 11:30. That was another reason why we were thinking about booking a limo. I have plenty of time to make a decision. We are sailing on the Valor April 30th. This is my get away vacation after my daughter gets married in Philly. I can't wait.

For that very reason taking the cruiselines shuttle is NOT a good idea. It doesnt start til later, you arrive enmasse with all the people and you have to wait til the bus gets full before it leaves.

You are great with your flights home. THats about when we book our-between 1 - 2. Always wait til the last ones off. Can be tedious since there isnt much to do- ok-there is NOTHING to do but wait..lol

enjoy the cruise

There are 5 of us. We had no problem or waiting in catching a taxi from the airport to the port or vice versa from the port to the airport. Saw alot of minivan taxis also. You may want to consider 2 taxis. Rates were somewhere in the area of $20-25 so even 2 taxis would be cheaper than a limo. Catching a taxi was alot easier than you think.

The taxis know there are alot of cruise passengers, hence alot of business and line up at the port and at the airport.

I have a question. Does anyone know if you can rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the cruise terminal? We get to Miami around 8ish and wanted to drive around a bit and waste time before we go to the terminal. Any help appreciated:)

Archived