sanctuary on coral princess - glacier bay

silverelf

My mom and I are considering booking the Sanctuary for Glacier Bay (she has mobility issues and does better with her feet up on a comfy lounge chair). We booked an inside cabin, so no private balcony for us! I know its more expensive for the day and heard about the "perks".

My questions are -

Do they pipe in the commentary from the naturalist? I am interested in hearing what the rangers have to say about the glaciers and the park.

I have an OJ "sensitivity" (its not a pretty thing) - would they be willing to substitute something else for the mimosas, or just give me a glass of champagne?

Also - can we reserve lounge chairs for that day? We'd prefer to be out on the rail if possible so we can get closer to the action

(I had also posted this on the Alaska boards, but didn't get any replies, so I figured I'd try here).

Thanks!

See below:

My mom and I are considering booking the Sanctuary for Glacier Bay (she has mobility issues and does better with her feet up on a comfy lounge chair). We booked an inside cabin, so no private balcony for us! I know its more expensive for the day and heard about the "perks".

My questions are -

Do they pipe in the commentary from the naturalist? I am interested in hearing what the rangers have to say about the glaciers and the park.

>>> They did - was a bit hard to hear when the wind perked up. This was quite a while ago (2009) so they may have improved the speakers

I have an OJ "sensitivity" (its not a pretty thing) - would they be willing to substitute something else for the mimosas, or just give me a glass of champagne?

>>> I am sure they could provide just champagne. I doubt they have anything else to hand (though they will certainly try to get it for you)

Also - can we reserve lounge chairs for that day? We'd prefer to be out on the rail if possible so we can get closer to the action

>>> I honestly cannot recall if specific chairs were booked as per normal procedure.

(I had also posted this on the Alaska boards, but didn't get any replies, so I figured I'd try here).

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am looking for information on the Sanctuary for a Coral Princess Panama canal cruise partial transit in October. Does anyone know how much it costs for the entire 10 days for a couple? I am looking for this well earned trip to be stress free for me and DH and am undecided if reserving space in the Sanctuary will help with the pool chair issue. On at sea days especially we will want to camp out near the pool but be able to walk away for a short time to enjoy other activities. It sounds like this is going to be nothing but trouble so maybe the Sanctuary is a solution if it is not too cost prohibited.

I would appreciate no lectures on why the pool chair thing is such a hot topic. I get it and am simply looking for information.

Thanks.

Should be about $270 per person NOT including the transit day, which will be separate. Not sure on the price and current offer for that day, it was $90 pp back in 2011 for Canal day and included extras like champagne, a mini-buffet, etc).

Understand that the Sanctuary on the Coral does have its own small pool for now, but it is a small walk away from the larger indoor lotus pool.

Hi. I am looking for information on the Sanctuary for a Coral Princess Panama canal cruise partial transit in October. Does anyone know how much it costs for the entire 10 days for a couple? I am looking for this well earned trip to be stress free for me and DH and am undecided if reserving space in the Sanctuary will help with the pool chair issue. On at sea days especially we will want to camp out near the pool but be able to walk away for a short time to enjoy other activities. It sounds like this is going to be nothing but trouble so maybe the Sanctuary is a solution if it is not too cost prohibited.

I would appreciate no lectures on why the pool chair thing is such a hot topic. I get it and am simply looking for information.

Thanks.

My questions are -

Thanks!

Just remember the weather can turn in an instant.

We had snow and freezing rain in Glacier Bay at the end of July. :(