Island next to GSC?

Who owns the Island immediately to the right of GSC as you look from the moored ship?

It is so close it looks as though you could swim to it, it is smaller but obviously equipped for visitors.

Also, are these cruise ship islnds actually owned by the Cruise Companies or just leased?

I believe it is Coco Cay, owned by Royal Caribbean. When we were in Great Stirrup Cay in 2002, we saw a RCI ship anchored there and people on that island. I went to Coco Cay, RCI's private island in the Bahamas, when I was on the Sovereign of the Seas in 1992, and I believe that was it!

Bonnie

When we where at GSC we had to wait for a thunderstorm to pass to get any snorlke equipment ... A kid was talking to one of the employees on the island ...the employee was telling him how the island next to GSC is owned by RC

and durning the time of the slave trade they would throw the dead bodys off the boat inbetween these two islands and that sharks still partol between the two islands.

Now that i think about it... they may tell this story so no one tries to swim over!

When we where at GSC we had to wait for a thunderstorm to pass to get any snorlke equipment ... A kid was talking to one of the employees on the island ...the employee was telling him how the island next to GSC is owned by RC

and durning the time of the slave trade they would throw the dead bodys off the boat inbetween these two islands and that sharks still partol between the two islands.

Now that i think about it... they may tell this story so no one tries to swim over!

Perhaps I should have sent my DD over to find out:D

Thanks for that, it seems to be an industry. I wonder if the same people service several of these islands?

Hi, Tony. I'm in Gloucester. I guess I should add that to my profile. In fact, I'll go off and do it now! :D

Nice to know where in the country us rare Brits on the board hail from.

Nice part of the country, we have friends (met on holiday way back in the 1980's) in Bristol and my sister has a house in Charfield, although she now lives in Manchester due to hubby's job.

Love that part of the country, Cotswolds, Symonds Yat.

Enjoy the Jewel.

Tony

Archived