Red October or Denrus

Have heard good things about both tours. i just got information from them. It seems like Denrus is more personable. What are the pros and cons since we have to make up our minds in a day or so? We sail on Constellation, May 22nd. Any input would be appreciated.

Sharon

When I researched this topic for our 2003 cruise, both Denrus and Red October were quite comparable in itinerary and price. We were a bit put off by what I would describe as Denrus's "gushy" communication style, but chalked it up to language and cultural differences.

When we wanted to make some very minor changes in the itienarary, Denrus becauame quite snippy and significantly raised the price. Red October was responsive and cooperative to our special requests, and left the price exactly the same.

The four of us used Red October for 2 days, and we were delighted. It made me want to be a princess and have a private guide and driver in every port.

Don't think you can go wrong with either one.We elected to go with RO and were very please with them,Very accommondating.In reviewing the postings on this board we found a guide that every one raved about so we asked for her and got her.We were not disappointed.In reaching your choice I wouldn't wait any longer or you might be disappointed.

Enjoy

Her name was Alyona{Helen]Oxina.Really great.If she's available I would grab her.RO has several guides named "Helen"and from the past comments on this board I don't think you can go wrong with any of the "Helens".

I believe you will also enjoy the Constellation.We were on her for our Baltic cruise last August

Hi everyone,

We used Red October last August for St. Petersburg and were very pleased. We had Helen Babanova for our guide and she did a great job. Helen Oxina is the other guide that was mentioned a lot on this board last year. Don't bring any old, wrinkled or written on American dollars with you. They are afraid to take them.

Archived