Reflection A2 vs Suite

innerfish

Hi all, we just made the final payment for our up coming cruise in April on Reflection. We had A2 class room. (We both uses Persian Garden a lot, but whatever on Blu). The price has dropped significantly, almost $450 cheaper per person. I wonder if there is anything we can do at this point. I saw the price we paid is the same price for Suite Guarantee room now, is there a point to call in and get that suite guarantee room? We have good location on our A2 room right now.

thanks in advance!

Hi all, we just made the final payment for our up coming cruise in April on Reflection. We had A2 class room. (We both uses Persian Garden a lot, but whatever on Blu). The price has dropped significantly, almost $450 cheaper per person. I wonder if there is anything we can do at this point. I saw the price we paid is the same price for Suite Guarantee room now, is there a point to call in and get that suite guarantee room? We have good location on our A2 room right now.

thanks in advance!

innerfish -

You don't mention if you are referring to the 7-day Caribbean (departs 4/4), the 16-day eastbound transatlantic (departing 4/11), or the 11-day eastern Mediterranean (departing 4/27). This would be helpful for folks to provide any suggestions to you.

Without going to look at vacancy of rooms on all of these ships, I suppose I would probably stay put in the A2 if it is just the 7-day cruise itinerary. However, for a longer sailing, it would be ideal to have the extra space in the suite stateroom and service provided for with the butler. I have also done a 16-day itinerary in Aqua and found that equally comfortable.

What does your budget allow for? The new suite dining room should be fully implemented (new menu and all) for your cruise so that would be a pro for taking the suite GTY. Since dining in Blu is not all that appealing for you, having the suite GTY for no more (or not much more) money might be the way to go. You can always get a day pass or full cruise pass for the Persian Gardens.

Tough decisions! Enjoy your cruise.

thank you Walter! it's 11 nights Mediterranean trip depart 4/27. Anyone know how much is the cruise pass for Persian Gardens? We go there at least once a day... in fact that's 70% of factor why we booked Aqua room instead of regular balcony room.

X says they are working on Wellness Packages for suite guests. I am wondering if sometime soon Persian Gardens may be complimentary for suite guests. (I would hope free bottled water in the rooms too which you do not get in SS or CS). Just a guess. Also, with your suite you will get free passes for 1 stay in Persian Gardens on a port day...maybe 2 if the trip is longer?

If Persian Gardens are that important to you, then I guess stay where you are. I love the suites, the expanded breakfast with espresso, cappucino, daily treats, upgraded towels and bulgari amenities, larger balcony, larger bathroom. The suite dining room is a plus for me too.

We take longer cruises and b2b cruises TA and Med.

I don't recall ever paying more than $120 (myself only) on any ship for a spa pass. Couples don't pay a full 2x the per person amount.

The spa sells Persian Gardens passes for the duration of cruise on embarkation day.

Visit shortly after they open as there are a limited number of passes sold.

Penny

Edited by PinotBlanc

H innerfish: We are on the same 4/27 cruise. I know from monitoring it that there are a lot of S1s and S2s in decent locations left. We had a Family Verandah (for 2) and switched to an aft corner S1 shortly before final payment, and when the price went down substantially due to the President's Day Sale, changed to a Suite Guaranty and made final payment at that lower rate. Within a day, we had been assigned a very nice S1 (and I then switched it to the aft corner S1 that I originally had booked pre-Guaranty price drop, so am a happy person). A few days later, the Suite Guaranty price dropped by another $1,000. I asked my Celebrity Vacation Planner if it was possible to take advantage of the $1,000 lower rate and was told that he would have to clear it with Resolutions, but if given the ok, I would be put back in the Suite Guarantee pool (because X does not like to refund fares paid after final payment to put someone at a lower fare rate -- a perfectly understandable business practice and the answer I expected) and could then end up with an S2. As we are very happy with our particular stateroom, we decided to do nothing -- we got the room we wanted at a lower rate than the one we originally were willing to pay, so I feel lucky. Anyhow, after all this blathering by me, the short answer is that with some effort, assuming your Aqua rate paid is still the same or more as the current Suite Guaranty rate (which I imagine it is given the whopping price drops on that Suite Guarantee rate), I think you would be able to switch to a Suite Guaranty, tho not get a refund on your A2 rate should you keep that stateroom. If you switch, chances are you will get assigned an S2 on Deck 12 but maybe you will get lucky as I did and get a nice S1 (when I switched to the Suite Guaranty, I asked that a note be put in my record requesting a couple particular locations if feasible, and the assignment I got was consistent with my request -- whether that was a factor or not, I could not say).

thank you Walter! it's 11 nights Mediterranean trip depart 4/27. Anyone know how much is the cruise pass for Persian Gardens? We go there at least once a day... in fact that's 70% of factor why we booked Aqua room instead of regular balcony room.

Last summer on the Reflection as suite guests we were given access to the Persian Gardens. We had a Royal Suite. Enjoy the beautiful Reflection, hope you get a great room!!:):)

Thank you very much Eaglerocker for your very informative response. Now you helped me by putting me in more perspective view. I didn't know they are going to assign a room to suite GTY guest right away. I thought we wouldn't know where we stay until check in? Anyway, I just checked, there are only a handful of S2 left. I didn't see any open S1...