iPhone Messaging?

Andie272

We are going on our first ever vacation without our DD11. She wants to know if we will be able to text or face time with each other.

Obviously at our first port of Port Canaveral we will be able to. What about Sea days, or in Nassau, Cocoa Cay and Key West? I am assuming Key West would be normal as it is Florida. Do I need anything special on my cell plan? We have Verizon.

I never have worried about calling home while on a ship because the only thing I really cared about hearing from was on the ship with us.

We are going on our first ever vacation without our DD11. She wants to know if we will be able to text or face time with each other.

Obviously at our first port of Port Canaveral we will be able to. What about Sea days, or in Nassau, Cocoa Cay and Key West? I am assuming Key West would be normal as it is Florida. Do I need anything special on my cell plan? We have Verizon.

I never have worried about calling home while on a ship because the only thing I really cared about hearing from was on the ship with us.

You will be able to send and receive SMS texts while at sea. Without any extra plan, Verizon will charge you $0.50 per text sent and $0.05 per text received. You will be limited to simple text messages, no photos, no videos, no group texts.

You will not be able to use Facetime while at sea.

On land, you will be able to use Facetime whenever you are connected to a WiFi service.

Edited by clarea

We have Verizon and for a 7 day our bill normally has an extra charge of 25.00. We text several times and make calls, keeping the calls short. You need international calling on your phone, no charge. Go to the website and put in international calling for your cruise ship rates, shore side calling rates, and texting. We don't use any data, they will try to sell you a plan but we have never needed it nor a ships internet pkg.

Texting should be 50 cents out/ 5 cents in

Ship calls run around 2.49pm

Shore side calls should be half that or less depending on ports and a cell signal

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/global/plans-and-pricing.html

Edited by setsail