El Yunque Shore Excursion Thru Princess

marciew

We are going on the Golden Princess disembarking in San Juan & have a late flight home. We were thinking of doing the ship's sightseeing tour of El Yunque Rain Forest after disembarkation since you don't have to worry about what to do with your luggage for the day, it takes you to the airport afterward & it's only $39.00. Has anyone done this tour through the ship & if so, would you recommend it?

I haven't done the El Yunque excursion through Princess, but I have gone to El Yunque on my own and have spoken to my s-i-l who took the excursion through Carnival and friends who went through a hotel excursion.

I would not recommend this particular excursion unless the only other option is to sit in the airport.

1. it is a long drive (at least an hour each way)

2. there isn't an opportunity to really see or do anything there -

very short trail to walk unless you have a lot of time, very small waterfall to see, observation tower to walk up.

I love nature, but in the amount of time you will be there you will not get the feeling of being in a rain forest. It feels more like a shady road...

I love nature, love hiking, love camping. I try to go on ship's excursions that are nature based and usually love the excursions. I had said the same things to my friends and my in-laws, but they went anyway and all came back saying they should have listened to me.

If you can, a day room at the Caribe Hilton would be wonderful if you like relaxing. It has beautiful grounds, a gorgeous pool, a sheltered beach.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't waste your money. I agree with the poster above. Long ride(which is most of the excursion) and you walk for about one hour through a path which really has no interest. Better to go on your own and really explore this area.

Archived