Price Protection was quick, but annoying..

traderneal

Leaving on the Valor on 8/22. Noticed about $80 savings, so on my two cabins it would be $160.

I have two booking numbers, so I put the request through on one cabin, and received the adjustment within 90 minutes, but didn't adust the second reservation. Sent the adjustment request on that one and currently waiting for the result.

This is annoying becasue:

1. Why can't I just call and have the price adjusted

2. Why can't Carnival see that I have two booking numbers under my name and adjust both prices.

Leaving on the Valor on 8/22. Noticed about $80 savings, so on my two cabins it would be $160.

I have two booking numbers, so I put the request through on one cabin, and received the adjustment within 90 minutes, but didn't adust the second reservation. Sent the adjustment request on that one and currently waiting for the result.

This is annoying becasue:

1. Why can't I just call and have the price adjusted2. Why can't Carnival see that I have two booking numbers under my name and adjust both prices.

I cannot answer #2 but if you have a PVP you can just call and they will adjust the price. At least mine has for me without having to submit the forms.

I do have a PVP (at Carnival) and I tried to have it reduced, but she told me I had to fill out the form.

Just got the second reservation approved a half hour after the request.

I use a PVP also. When I see a price drop I call her and POOF...Its done. No forms no nothing!

Seems like a real hassle for $160 in free money

First of all, it is not free money. It is money that would have been paid to Carnival if not for a price drop. Second, it is nice to know that some posters are so well off that they would rather throw away $160 than make a phone call or fill out a form.

Submitting the price protection form takes less than 1 minute. 2 minutes if you capture screenshots of it (which I do for easy reference in filling it out the next time or sharing with others).

My time is not so valuable that I can't afford 2 minutes to save a buck. Or $250. Which is my current OBC for the last 3 forms I've turned in.

PVP have been instructed not to do price adjustment. That said, many still do especially for long time customers. Each to his/her own. It is quicker for me to fill out the form than call my PVP especially when I find that price drop at 3AM. And yes goodtogo123 sarcasm is lost on many.