HELP! Hurricane Missing Person//Ocean Springs, MS

mojo4trav

We've exhausted all numbers and lists, from FEMA to MEMA, and beyond. If ANYONE has any family or friends in the Ocean Springs, MS area...I ask for your help. My grandfather, Rex Forman (80 y/o) stayed in his home located in the 2500 block of Parkwood Place (1.1 miles from the beach) and has not been heard from since the storm made landfall. He recently lost his wife of 50 years to congestive heart failure and we are very concerned for his wellbeing. If anyone knows of the conditions on his street or in his neighborhood, please send me a PM here on CC or email me at rexforman-missing(@)yahoo(.)com - please remove the () from around the punctuation before sending (spam protection).

Thank you very much!

My coworker has family in Ocean Springs and they finally heard from them at 1 o'clock in the morning. It was a very broken phone cell phone call. I hope you hear something soon. It seems to be taking a very long time for people contact other relatives.

My apologies to the HAL board. Travis asked me to post the good news about his grandfather being found safe yesterday morning. I didn't know he had posted here. He also asked that I thank all that posted. The expressions of concern and help offered by the CC members was a big comfort to him and his family until they received the good news.

My apologies to the HAL board. Travis asked me to post the good news about his grandfather being found safe yesterday morning. I didn't know he had posted here. He also asked that I thank all that posted. The expressions of concern and help offered by the CC members was a big comfort to him and his family until they received the good news.

That is great news. Our hearts go out to you during this tragic

week, and God Bless everyone in the Gulf states.

We are here for you

-hugs-

That must have been a horrible experience in not knowing what had happened. I'm so glad everything was fine. And what a good idea it was to post here. An immediate personal contact with so many people living in so many places. susana.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and concern. My brother, an officer in the Air Force who is still in training in the greater Atlanta area, drove to Ocean Springs last night. He arrived at my grandfather's house and found him alive and well inside. There was minor water damage, but thanks to some caring neighbors, he had plenty of water and ice. My brother, who had to turn around and head back to Atlanta tonight, spent the better part of daylight driving around the town looking in on addresses given to me by various people all over the internet who were also looking for news of family. He is a hero to me, not only for taking the risk to drive into the area alone, but also because he helped some find that their family was also alive and well. Sadly, he spoke of some things he saw that he will carry with him for a long time. He choked back tears when describing some scenes of destruction along with a smell he could only describe as haunting.

He called a few minutes ago with a phone number of one person's family, who is in China, asking that we call to tell them their daughter is alive and well. As fate would have it, my wife is Chinese and is trying the number every few minutes hoping to connect to let them know their loved one is fine.

Thanks again!

That is great news! Thank God for keeping him safe! Everyone in the Gulf cities are in our prayers always!

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and concern. My brother, an officer in the Air Force who is still in training in the greater Atlanta area, drove to Ocean Springs last night. He arrived at my grandfather's house and found him alive and well inside. There was minor water damage, but thanks to some caring neighbors, he had plenty of water and ice. My brother, who had to turn around and head back to Atlanta tonight, spent the better part of daylight driving around the town looking in on addresses given to me by various people all over the internet who were also looking for news of family. He is a hero to me, not only for taking the risk to drive into the area alone, but also because he helped some find that their family was also alive and well. Sadly, he spoke of some things he saw that he will carry with him for a long time. He choked back tears when describing some scenes of destruction along with a smell he could only describe as haunting.

He called a few minutes ago with a phone number of one person's family, who is in China, asking that we call to tell them their daughter is alive and well. As fate would have it, my wife is Chinese and is trying the number every few minutes hoping to connect to let them know their loved one is fine.

Thanks again!

You and your family are Angels and I want to thank you all for caring and helping whenever possible! God Bless you all!

Archived