Should we upgrade to a suite

Hi, We are going on Anthem in July and currently have a balcony cabin booked. However, my husband has suggested we upgrade to a suite (as we are celebrating my 50th whilst on board). Just checked and it would cost £3,000 more than we are already paying. Is the extra cost worth it do you think? Obviously a suite would be larger but just wondering what to do. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Is the price difference for a full suite? [GS or better??] Because it would not be worth it to me for a JS at all.

It depends on what you can afford/want. I would save the ~$5000 for another cruise. But, that is just me. . . . I would take ~$500-700 of that money and purchase specialty dining multiple days, an anniversary cake/champagne delivered to my room, a wine package and a few special excursions. All of these would leave me with special memories.

I see that this cruise has 8 ports in 14 days. For DH and I we would spend a lot of time off the ship. [not sure about what you would do]

Congrats on 50 years. :) [we reach 40 in June] Have a great cruise.

Thank you for the advice. The only suites available are the Family Junior Suites. Do they include the concierge service? I am thinking that the £3,000 extra would be better spent on another cruise rather than an upgrade :)

Hi! I sailed 12 nights in a Family Junior Suite and 10 nights in an Owners Suite. Only the Owner 's gets the concierge. The Family Junior does gets you 2 bathrooms, though , which was wonderful!! ( only 1 tub/shower combination , though) plenty of room in both for storage and individual wardrobes/ closets. That 's a lot of money, and unless you feel it's NOT a lot of EXTRA to pay , I'd stay with the Balcony, which is what I'm doing on my next 3.

Hope this helps. Ask me anything you'd like.

- Miriam

Hi! I sailed 12 nights in a Family Junior Suite and 10 nights in an Owners Suite. Only the Owner 's gets the concierge. The Family Junior does gets you 2 bathrooms, though , which was wonderful!! ( only 1 tub/shower combination , though) plenty of room in both for storage and individual wardrobes/ closets. That 's a lot of money, and unless you feel it's NOT a lot of EXTRA to pay , I'd stay with the Balcony, which is what I'm doing on my next 3.

Hope this helps. Ask me anything you'd like.

- Miriam

GS also receives the Concierge Lounge and the Suite benefits.

Hi, We are going on Anthem in July and currently have a balcony cabin booked. However, my husband has suggested we upgrade to a suite (as we are celebrating my 50th whilst on board). Just checked and it would cost £3,000 more than we are already paying. Is the extra cost worth it do you think? Obviously a suite would be larger but just wondering what to do. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Some people would say not worth the money. IMO for 14 nights and celebrating 50 years of marriage, is priceless.

I now see you will be celebrating a birthday and not an anniversary, my apologies, it was way past my bedtime LOL.

Oh Yes, just noticed people had been wishing us a happy anniversary but it's 50th birthday - that's bad enough !!! Thank you for all your advice. We are sticking with the balcony cabin and my husband says we will have plenty of champagne. No arguments there :D

GS also receives the Concierge Lounge and the Suite benefits.

Sorry - What I should have clarified was that between MY two suites , the type of suite that the original poster was interested in - The Family Junior Suite, which is identical to the one I had, that was the only one of MY two that did NOT have a concierge, or allow access to the Concierge Lounge. In fact, it is the highest Junior Suite Category BEFORE Concierge Level. All suite categories above this receive full concierge benefits and lounge admittance (although at times it was very crowded!)

Hope I cleared this up! - Miriam