Is this the most efficient driving plan?

tbonecopper

Google maps here with each location listed...

We were hoping to get off the ship, go to Orient Beach, then Grand Case, then Marigot, then back to the ship... it seems this route provided by google maps is odd... but I wanted to ask everyone's opinion and thoughts.

Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps the reverse?

Google maps here with each location listed...

We were hoping to get off the ship, go to Orient Beach, then Grand Case, then Marigot, then back to the ship... it seems this route provided by google maps is odd... but I wanted to ask everyone's opinion and thoughts.

Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps the reverse?

I don't see anything 'odd' about the route, but two points.

I would recommend the reverse, so that you are headed back to Philipsburg from Orient in the afternoon, instead of from Marigot. MUCH less concerns of traffic.

The route into Orient selected is to the more expensive section of the beach. I would take the route nearer to the Butterfly Farm into parking near Pedro's and then visit Orange Fever.

But the route seems entirely reasonable to me.

gary

Thanks Gary, really appreciate the tips.

After I posted the thread originally, we did decide to reverse the route for obvious reasons, traffic, and practicality. I really want time to do some shopping and seeing things in Marigot and Grand Case, more than Orient.. my partner coming with me is more keen on the beach than I am, lol. I'll take note of your suggestions for Orient, and the expensive side.

:)

I have driven a similar route on three separate visits and ALWAYS go clockwise, due to advise about traffic. The only down side is that early in the day we tend to see smaller planes at Maho (if that ever is a concern for you).

Thanks for the tip. Definitely going to go clockwise. For some reason I thought the opposite way was the way to avoid traffic.. no idea why, hah.

Maho isn't on our to do list. I can youtube that bit. But Marigo and Grand Case, are of more interest to me than beaches and such. Everyone has their priorities I suppose.