Excursion Booking Help

soc1965

We are travelling with another couple this August to Norway on the QE & both myself & my friend are keen to take advantage of a few excursions (the men are not!) but try as I might, I can't book for the 2 of us on my voyage planner; it will only allow me to book by ticking my or my husband's name ~ I'm being told all round that she must book via her own planner. (we are on separate booking refs)

Are the tickets named? Will it cause a problem if I simply tick/book for myself & my husband for every excursion we want to do (i.e. 2 tickets) & my friend uses the other ticket?

Thanks for any ideas - getting no where fast with FAQ & customer services & simply don't want to miss our preferred time for the Flaam railway!

Sorry I cannot remember if the tickets are named but I would guess they are. Is anyone going to check if your friend is Mr X, I wouldn't think so. Is there a problem with your friend booking her own trips. You could book hers under her ref if she is unable to do so. Tickets will be delivered to the cabin under the relevant booking reference. If it is that you wish to pay for them then you would need to book under your ref. Not sure if this helps. Good luck.

The local tour guides simply collect the tickets as you board the bus. They never check names, if you've got a ticket you can board.

So you could effectively use someone else's ticket though why can't the friend book hers individually?

David

The local tour guides simply collect the tickets as you board the bus. They never check names, if you've got a ticket you can board.

So you could effectively use someone else's ticket though why can't the friend book hers individually?

David

Thanks for everyone's answers, much appreciated.

I actually wanted to treat my friend to all the excursions we had planned as a thank you gift for some help she gave me recently.

I'll see if I can get her log in details for her planner & do it that way.

Thanks again.