Booking whIle onboard

flgatormom29

We are going on a cruise in May (breeze! Love her!)

We are trying to plan going on the Vista reposition cruise from NY to Miami next November.

I'm a little nervous waiting another 2.5 months to book, as I don't want the prices to jump...and I don't want them to run out of family balconies...

but we are thinking of booking onboard.

My question is, since it's not a 12 day (it's 11), will I only get $100 OBC instead of $200? Also, do I still get a certificate for someone else to book? (My mom is thinking about coming as well)

If we do not book on the ship, it will probably still be about a month before we can book. Is it worth it to wait the other 5-6 weeks and do it onboard?

What would you guys do as far as waiting to book?

Hi,

Have you done a mock booking to see if those family balconies have lots of availability? There's no guarantee about the price but you can at least see if the cabin you want is still open.

For me if I knew an exact cruise that I wanted to take and it was only 6months from the cruise I have already booked, I'd book it and not wait.

IF the cruise I wanted was a year away then I'd chance waiting to book on board.

Since you only get $100 OBC per cabin (my understanding since it isn't a 12 night) and it's a special sailing and you want a special cabin, I wouldn't risk waiting. If you book now and know you'll have the room you want, that to me is a lot more valuable than $100 OBC for the cabin.

I'm booked on that sailing in a Havana Cabana and I know there's already a lot of interest in the sailing. I'd just hate for you guys not to get what you want, especially if your heart is set on it. The question I always as people is: if it sells out, would you be happy with the $100 instead? Or, is this cabin worth more or less than that $100 to you?

PS we have a great Roll Call started already, hope to see you there :) and enjoy the Breeze, we love it in November!

Can someone explain the "vouchers for friends and family"? This is a new concept for me. And is it only pertaining to the Vista?

Thanks!

...pertains to any sailing you book while onboard a cruise. You get two F&F vouchers to give to others. If they also book the same cruise as yours within 60 days, then they also get the OBC.

I just got off the Freedom last week and I booked for next year. With the booking I was given $100.00 OBC and two coupons for friends and family to use with them also receiving the OBC. The $200.00 OBC was available for 12+ days only.

Back to OP. I will share my recent experience. The night the Vista was opened for booking hubby and I talked it over. We were planning Europe in 2016 anyways so this looked like the ideal way to do best of both worlds. Europe for him and cruising for me. He said book it. I said I wanted to wait and book the last med cruise and the TA when we boarded the Freedom on Feb 2. The TA price went up over $1000. Yes, that is not a typo. $1000. That desire for the OBC cost me dearly. If it were almost any other ship I would say wait but the feeding frenzy regarding the Vista has just been crazy. What you might want to do is check frequently the price and availability of the stateroom you want. If the price starts to climb or if the desired stateroom start disappearing the book it.