Room Card? 2 familys with 3 rooms ?

helene109

Hi we are going on the Paradise in July adults have 2 ocean and we want to put our teenagers in one inside oldest is 16

When we booked our Carnival agent said that paper wise we couldn't do it. then said what they don't know is fine

? is it possible to get an extra key as I doubt it

we have to an adult listed in each room and how will it work for charging aspects.

my thought is that the adult will always have to be with her spouse to get in the room as her room is assigned to the inside room and vs. vs. for the other room

any tips

what does everyone else do

thanks

We had 2 rooms. One adult and one child booked in each. They were linked together and when we boarded the room steward had the inside room beds separated, and the OV together. He told us in the hallway when we met him that he figured that's what we were doing :)

We simply went to GS and got duplicate cards made so hubby could get into "my" room ;)

Hi,

I am not sure why you were told that, but kids can be booked separately if they are right next door or right across the hall, and no balcony if no adult booked in the room (under 12) and up to 3 doors away and balcony ok, if over 12.

This is Carnival's policy, other lines have similar, except no problem with booking balcony for under 12 on NCL, RCI, Celebrity.

You can go to guest services and get whatever keys you need. Bring a sharpie or nail polish to mark them, it can get confusing, lol!

I am on the Magic on 4/5 and have a balcony and an inside booked. I would have loved 2 balconies, but they wouldn't let me do it. It is for myself and 2 of my kids (ages 11 and 9). My 14 year old and husband not on this trip.

This will be our first Carnival cruise and if we like it, looking forward to next year when I will have a 15 and 12 year old, who I can book in one balcony and myself and 10 year old in the other, and not have to pay single supplement and go back to everyone in a balcony, lol!

No problem at all to get extra room keys.

The original will be the one that you use as the sign and sail card, so someone might be using two cards, the extra will only open the stateroom door, nothing else.

And, I concur that the room stewards are very familiar with this, our rooms were set up perfectly with seperate beds in the kids room and one king in the parent room. No big deal.

Add me to the list of don't know why you couldn't book how you wanted. I understand the poster with the under 12 not being able to book a balcony. That is the rule. But OP has teenagers. Across the hall should have been no problem. The only reason would have been if one was not your biological child. They get funny when you bring someone else's child. When we booked our girls 16 and 19 at the time (technically they are my bonus children but we have the same last name) I was told they could be anywhere on the ship. We wanted them across the hall. Also when you get the additional room key someone from each room will need to go to guest services. I know that sounded crazy to me. I had to have our 19 year old give permission for me to have a key to a stateroom I paid for.

I had to have our 19 year old give permission for me to have a key to a stateroom I paid for.

Is it possible that was because of her age (over 18)? I didn't have to bring either of our teens (13 and 15) with me to get a card to enter their cabin. Either way, it's easy to get done and should not be a problem for the OP. We used the extra room card in the light switch in our cabin and kept our S&S cards on a lanyard, so no issue with getting them mixed up. Plus it's clearly marked as a room key only card.

• 2 months later...