OT: Ranch and Rodeo Day

Cruise Arizona

Hellow ladies, I thought you might get a kick out of what my kids are wearing to school today. I really do get a kick out of the western culture out her in Arizona.

It is Ranch and Rodeo day at the school, sort of a kick off to the 80th Annual Santa Cruz County Labor Day Weekend Rodeo here in town this weekend. They have sort of a mini rodeo at school with stick horse races and pretend roping, Pony Rides and that sort of thing.

Any way my daughter is wearing cowboy boots,jeans, a pink belt, pink red and yellow plaid shirt and a pink cowboy hat.

My son is wearing boots, jeans and a plaid western shirt, and I found a super nice hat for him at the western store in town. He is now 9 and has an adult size head, so I had to get him an adult hat, but I lucked out because this one was normally $50, but its was marked down to $19 because some of the woven straw was damaged in the front. A perfect hat would probably look like that in a day or two with him wearing it, so I am happy that he is all set for the school day and the rodeo this weekend.

Two years ago they competed in the Mutton Bust'in competition. It's kind of like bull rid'in but on sheep. Usually the 4-6 year olds compete. It cost $25 to enter with the champ winning baout $125. Any way my kids scored 1.9 and 1.7 seconds. That's the fastest 50 bucks I've ever spent.

We don't have horses or cattle or anything out here, so my kids really don't have the opportunity to participate in the rodeo anymore, but some of the local kids do the steer rop'in and the barrel races. It will be a fun weekend.

My parents are coming in today to go to the Rodeo, and I thinkit might actually be the 90th not the 80th rodeo.

It is acutally a great place to check out western fashion.

Archived