Alcohol beverage package questions

Worldtraveler 4727

I understand Princess offers an alcohol beverage package for $49 @ day + 15% gratuity per day. Can anyone tell me if this package must be purchased for EVERY day of the cruise? For example, Can I purchase it midway through the cruise? Or if I don't want the package the final two days, may I purchase it for the first 10 days? Have you found this package to be worth it since it covers drinks up to $10. Does that include name brands (like tanqueray gin)or only rail brand alcohol?

I understand Princess offers an alcohol beverage package for $49 @ day + 15% gratuity per day. Can anyone tell me if this package must be purchased for EVERY day of the cruise? For example, Can I purchase it midway through the cruise? Or if I don't want the package the final two days, may I purchase it for the first 10 days? Have you found this package to be worth it since it covers drinks up to $10. Does that include name brands (like tanqueray gin)or only rail brand alcohol?

We had a 10 and 3 day BTB cruise on the Sapphire. My husband purchased it for the 10 day but didn't get it for the 3 as it was port intensive. The answer is you have to buy for all days if it's a single cruise. My husband found it was definitely worth it. In the dining room they were bringing him 2 glasses of wine at a time. He would buy me a bottle of wine at the 40% off price. Our cabin was close to a bar and he would get drinks to bring back. I am not a big drinker so I chose to buy my drinks but sometimes the waiter didn't charge, just put it on my husbands. Getting big bottles of water for shore was great and coffee was included which is much better than the normal coffee.

We had a 10 and 3 day BTB cruise on the Sapphire. My husband purchased it for the 10 day but didn't get it for the 3 as it was port intensive. The answer is you have to buy for all days if it's a single cruise. My husband found it was definitely worth it. In the dining room they were bringing him 2 glasses of wine at a time. He would buy me a bottle of wine at the 40% off price. Our cabin was close to a bar and he would get drinks to bring back. I am not a big drinker so I chose to buy my drinks but sometimes the waiter didn't charge, just put it on my husbands. Getting big bottles of water for shore was great and coffee was included which is much better than the normal coffee.

Thank you. This was very helpful.

Do you know if the package includes only "rail" liquor or can tangueray, for example, be requested?

Our friends travelling with us, always had the Bombay Sapphire Gin. As long as it is under $10. The men reckoned there was a different taste to the identical wine they bought by the glass to the bottle but who knows!

Great spreadsheet!

I have found the package to be of value - esp. in Vines where all but a couple wines by the glass are under $10, coffee and port after dinner, specialty coffee in IC, and the water...

You can buy the package on Day 2 and save the $56.35 for the short day.