Constellation sunset veranda aft cabins-Had one?

weregoingcruising

Thinking of switching from c3 concierge to sv cabin. Would appreciate any info on or opinion on the sv cabins. Pros and cons.

weregoingcruising -

This thread link can help you with some of your interest in hearing other perspectives on AFT cabins:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2147931

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Thinking of switching from c3 concierge to sv cabin. Would appreciate any info on or opinion on the sv cabins. Pros and cons.

M class ships do not have a SV category as SV category is specific to S class ships.

The aft cabins on M class ships are either C1, AQ, Family Verandah or Suites.

You'd be able to switch into one of those cats if you wanted an aft cabin.

We personally love aft cabins, and on M class ships the verandahs are huge.

Go for it.

Was on the Constellation last March. Our cabin was C1 (i think) and it was in the AFT. The balcony was HUGE. Loved it. Made the cabin feel not so small. The only downfall was we had the cafe above us so we sometimes heard them moving chairs around early in the morning and would get occasional napkins etc on our balcony (would blow down).

Thank you for the responces. I meant Equinox cabins.

We were aft cabin fanatics on the M class ships as we loved the larger verandas and the aft view. So on our first S class cruise on the Equinox westbound TA in 2009 we were very happy to grab an aft veranda and were very disappointed. There was almost always soot falling on our veranda. We could not sit on the chairs without getting our clothing very dirty unless we covered the chairs with a clean towel. We tracked soot into the cabin and didn't like going out there barefoot because of the soot. There was very little privacy as the verandas are uncovered so about half of the depth could be seen from the floor above. Also we sometimes had water from the floors above raining down on our veranda because cabin stewards were frequently hosing off the soot from the verandas above us and this sometimes occurred when we would have wanted to sit out there.

With all that said, reports of soot problems seem very intermittent. I don't know why but I'd guess it depends a lot on where the ship is traveling as to how much of their garbage is incinerated. I'd guess it also depends on ship speed and direction relative to the wind and weather. Many cruisers report no problems with soot and many love the aft verandas.

I also did not like the distance from the cabins to the closest elevator and staircase. Not a big deal but enough to bother me despite the fact that we're generally in good shape and walk long distances frequently for exercise.

Personally I would no longer book an aft S class cabin with the exception of the cabins on the highest deck which do have an overhang covering from the public area above (those are C1 cabins and not SV).

Clearly there are others that disagree and love the aft cabins on the S class ships, but we now prefer midship locations on the S class ships.

We took many cruises to the Caribbean and even the Baltic and had a aft facing cabin. We were big fans and loved the view. However, it was NOT the place to be on a TA. When we hit a Nor'easter it was very rocky and I so wished for a midship cabin. Now we only book midship if we are on a TA. The beautiful view doesn't matter when there are enormous waves. So I think it depends on the itinerary.

Kathy