What is the best time to arrive in Marigot?

cruisegirl29

Hello,

We are taking a private tour with Bernard Tours in April. We would like to stop in Orient Beach for 1 hour max (Been there many many times), Marigot, and Maho Beach to watch the planes come in. My question is when is the best time to stop in Marigot? How long would you recommend stopping there? We want to eat at the French Bakery & maybe shop at the open market? It looks like, Orient Beach would be the first stop? We start our tour at 9:30am.

I know that Maho Beach is usually better in the afternoon as the big jets come in then correct?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Sue

Hello,

We are taking a private tour with Bernard Tours in April. We would like to stop in Orient Beach for 1 hour max (Been there many many times), Marigot, and Maho Beach to watch the planes come in. My question is when is the best time to stop in Marigot? How long would you recommend stopping there? We want to eat at the French Bakery & maybe shop at the open market? It looks like, Orient Beach would be the first stop? We start our tour at 9:30am.

I know that Maho Beach is usually better in the afternoon as the big jets come in then correct?

Thanks in advance for helping me!

Sue

In April plan on being in Maho around the 11-2 period for the best plane watching. With this in mind you might want to start in Marigot, then go to Maho and then end up at Orient. You could do Orient from 10-11 then Marigot from 11:30-1 and end up at Maho around 1:30. Is this a private tour? If so then check out the plane schedule closer to your dates and have them arrange the tour around the plane schedule if that is important to you.

In April plan on being in Maho around the 11-2 period for the best plane watching. With this in mind you might want to start in Marigot, then go to Maho and then end up at Orient. You could do Orient from 10-11 then Marigot from 11:30-1 and end up at Maho around 1:30. Is this a private tour? If so then check out the plane schedule closer to your dates and have them arrange the tour around the plane schedule if that is important to you.

Thank you so very much for responding! Yes it's a private tour. Our tour begins at 9:30am. I think the first stop will be Orient Beach. Then Marigot & then Maho. I will watch for the plane flight arrivals closer to our departure and maybe change it around.

Thanks again!

Sue

Thank you so very much for responding! Yes it's a private tour. Our tour begins at 9:30am. I think the first stop will be Orient Beach. Then Marigot & then Maho. I will watch for the plane flight arrivals closer to our departure and maybe change it around.

Thanks again!

Sue

This is the exact time frame we did a private tour with Bernard's too..however we started a bit earlier...it will work out well regardless. Enjoy his rum punch !!

Did you go between the time change in March and November?

I should clarify. I'm talking about daylight savings time in the US. During The time between March and November when the OP is going to St. Maarten by 2:30 most of the big jets are in. I have even seen the KLM from Amsterdam land as early as 10:45 in the summer.

Well we arrive at 9am thought meeting at 9:30 might be the best time? Your thoughts Ashland? What time did your tour end? The ship leaves at 6. Most people have said about 5 hrs?

Our private tour started at 9:00am (we have been to St Maarten many many times but only did a tour once).

Our tour was for our family of 6 adults and ended approx 3:00pm...some of us were dropped off in town for shopping and some were taken back to the ship.

Bernards gives a great tour, we headed to Orient Beach first for jet skiing then to Marigot for lunch at Serafina's Bakery and then to Maho...

We had an amazing day with our driver/guide as I'm sure you will too !!! Enjoy !!!

it will be daylight savings time when we go in april.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Exactly so check the same day of the week for the end of March and April to get an idea as to when the biggest jets will be coming in. My faviorites are the KLM from Amsterdam and Paris. Enjoy :)

The flight schedule below will help you and it's for the landings and takeoffs at Maho Beach. It is only for a 24 hour period so when it gets closer to your sail date, a week before, check the schedule below on the *day* you will arrive. So if you arrive on a Wednesday, check the Wednesday prior to arrival and you'll see all the arrivals and departures times for each airline.

http://sunsetsxm.com/index.php/about-us/flight-schedules