Tour Ideas in Puerto Rico

cruisingbajan

Does anyone out there know of any tours/tour operators that would offer a tour with highlights of PR?

We are staying there pre cruise for a couple of days and would really like to take a reasonably priced tour that would allow us to see a bit of the island.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Not a lot of info on this :( I'm still looking for a tour guide for our day in PR. Ellis is booked. He suggested someone to me and they are booked too.

Looking for good suggestions. Can yp find a decent tour guise at the pier?

Last time we were in San Juan there were a lot of people offering tours when we got off the ship. Don't know if we just lucked out, but we went with a woman that had a nice a/c van. She only charged us $15/pp and the tour lasted 2 hours. She was very informative and took us to many points of interest.

We went with Tours by Locals. The guide was prompt, very knowledgeable, and tailored our tour to our interests. He took us to Arecibo to view the radio telescope and the visitor center there, through different areas in Puerto Rico, and showed us some wonderful street art in Arecibo township and in the Sanlturce neighborhood of San Juan. He also stopped and let us sample ceti empanadas at a local stand, and so much more. I was impressed by his ability to identify different plants and to answer all of our questions. At the end of our tour he dropped us off by El Morro in Old San Juan.

Last time we were in San Juan there were a lot of people offering tours when we got off the ship. Don't know if we just lucked out, but we went with a woman that had a nice a/c van. She only charged us $15/pp and the tour lasted 2 hours. She was very informative and took us to many points of interest.

You can definately ask and they will let you know how much. Actually when we got off as I said there were several different tour guides. They were shouting out the price of their tours as we went by :)

Does anyone out there know of any tours/tour operators that would offer a tour with highlights of PR?

We are staying there pre cruise for a couple of days and would really like to take a reasonably priced tour that would allow us to see a bit of the island.

Any ideas/suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Most amazing excursion we have ever been on!

We had an amazing day on the Magical Mystery Tour with Atabey Tours. We found out about them on here and on Tripadvisor. They are experienced eco-tour world travelers. We could not have imagined all of the beautiful sights and experiences that we encountered that day. The guides were amazing with our 4 kids ages 6-11. We climbed through caves and hiked through the river and waterfalls, all while learning a bit about the plants and wildlife as well as the history of the Taíno people (native to Puerto Rico.) We started the day exploring ancient caves and hiking in the rainforest. After that we had the most amazing local lunch before starting our waterfall adventure.

I cannot say enough about our day. We are raving to everyone. We are long time cruisers and have been on our share of cruise arranges and privately arranged excursions. This far exceeded anything we have done in the past. Andres and Jorge were very conscious of our time limitations with the ships departure and made sure that we were back with plenty of time to spare. Our kids loved their experience and the guides were very attentive and protective of them, while letting them experience things for themselves.

We would recommend them to anyone looking for something outside the normal tourist experience. For someone wanting to experience the heart of Puerto Rico, this tour is a must!!!

We went with Charlies Custom Tours when we were there in February. You won't be disappointed. He's a great guide. He walked around old town with us, giving us the highlights, toured the fort with us ( shared PR history) etc. He has a customized van named Charlie which was beyond the normal touring vehicle I have seen. Provided drinks and snacks too. He then went above and beyond our tour and took us out to some caves before dropping us at the airport. Probably one of the nicest surprises was that he took pictures of the whole day for us. He had them in my inbox before I got off the plane. Incidentally, I had some trouble downloading the photos and he offered to send me a CD. It arrived the next week. No charge. :)

• 2 years later...

We are considering this tour. We are a group of women and a couple of them had some concerns, so maybe you can help me out.

1. What is the hiking like? i.e. distance, terrain, slope/number of hills. A couple have bad knees so that's why asking.

2. Did you feel safe or have any safety concerns?

Thank you for any input!

Most amazing excursion we have ever been on!

We had an amazing day on the Magical Mystery Tour with Atabey Tours. We found out about them on here and on Tripadvisor. They are experienced eco-tour world travelers. We could not have imagined all of the beautiful sights and experiences that we encountered that day. The guides were amazing with our 4 kids ages 6-11. We climbed through caves and hiked through the river and waterfalls, all while learning a bit about the plants and wildlife as well as the history of the Taíno people (native to Puerto Rico.) We started the day exploring ancient caves and hiking in the rainforest. After that we had the most amazing local lunch before starting our waterfall adventure.

I cannot say enough about our day. We are raving to everyone. We are long time cruisers and have been on our share of cruise arranges and privately arranged excursions. This far exceeded anything we have done in the past. Andres and Jorge were very conscious of our time limitations with the ships departure and made sure that we were back with plenty of time to spare. Our kids loved their experience and the guides were very attentive and protective of them, while letting them experience things for themselves.

We would recommend them to anyone looking for something outside the normal tourist experience. For someone wanting to experience the heart of Puerto Rico, this tour is a must!!!

• 2 weeks later...
We are considering this tour. We are a group of women and a couple of them had some concerns, so maybe you can help me out.

1. What is the hiking like? i.e. distance, terrain, slope/number of hills. A couple have bad knees so that's why asking.

2. Did you feel safe or have any safety concerns?

Thank you for any input!

I can't answer your questions on this, but I just booked this tour for 4/8/2018. We have a 6-year-old daughter, so we were also concerned about the difficulty level for her sake. Andres from Atabey said he would adjust the tour accordingly to accommodate her. I would imagine that if you informed him of your concerns, he would be able to do the same for you.

I went on a tour with Natural Wonders PR. I had an amazing time. Very accommodating and it was by far one of the best tours I have done in the Islands. I did an off the beaten path nature tour. We visited rivers, waterfall, swimming holes. They have excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.