Carnival Valor Help

CruiseLover1996

We will be on the Valor Sept 2015

Anyone have a copy the room service menu/options..or an idea of what's offered. I was curious about snacks also as someone said they offer them.

Would you say it's a ton of walking from place to place ? We have a balcony cabin on the lido deck, was trying to centrally located to limit my walking...would love to hear if anyone has thoughts on this :)

Favorite shows to see ? Quiet spots ? Any tips for first time cruiser on the Valor ?

Thanks in advance :cool:

We love ordering room service for morning coffee. There are breakfast "tags" you fill out the night before and hook on your door knob. One thing we discovered is if your hand write in "bacon please" you can have bacon on your deck as you pull into port...yummy

Apologies if this has already been answered but I'd like to know what power outlets are available in the cabins. We're in a 8M aft cabin if that makes any difference.

How many outlets are there and are they 110v US style 2 flat pin or is there any 220v 2 round pin European style sockets like on RCI available.

Thanks

In my opinion, the worst thing about the Valor, and this is a CCL problem across the board is their coffee. I find it to be extremely bitter and weak. I always purchase the coffee at the coffee bar. It's not the best but it is much better than the coffee you will get anywhere else on the ship.

The best thing about the Valor is her size. The newer ships carry twice as many people but have fewer pools making pool activities very crowded.

We've been on this ship several times and have always enjoyed the piano bar. Each time there was a different entertainer. They generally start the cruise out singing smooth easy songs but as the cruise goes along they start playing to the crowd and the songs become more rowdy and fun. Seems like it is always the same crowd there each night. It's a lot of fun if you luck out and get a seat around the piano as there is a lot of interaction that you will miss out on if you are sitting at a table against the wall.

Service has always been very good although we have witnessed a decrease in staff and waiters seem to be covering more and more tables and stewards have more and more rooms to service. This is no surprise as this is occurring everywhere stateside.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the Valor Sept 2015

Anyone have a copy the room service menu/options..or an idea of what's offered. I was curious about snacks also as someone said they offer them.

Would you say it's a ton of walking from place to place ? We have a balcony cabin on the lido deck, was trying to centrally located to limit my walking...would love to hear if anyone has thoughts on this :)

Favorite shows to see ? Quiet spots ? Any tips for first time cruiser on the Valor ?

Thanks in advance :cool:

My family and I are taking the Valor in Aug 2015. We have a balcony room on the Verandah deck. I can post pics and pass along that info here on our return.