Disembarkation process/flight to make

BullDawg91

Well, my husband booked our return flight out of Miami for 11:45! We will be arriving back at port on the Breeze on May 31st which is a Sunday. I'm anxious about making the flight.

Assuming Carnival will be assigning groups for disembarkation, is there a way to throw yourself on the mercy of Guest Services to get in an early group?

I know that there is no way to predict what time the ship will clear Customs.

Our only cruise from Miami was on DCL which has open disembarkation and we didn't fly home from MIA so there was no rush and I have no experience with MIA. On our only Carnival cruise (from Jacksonville), we felt like we were held hostage in a theater for nearly two hours before our group was called. I wish I remembered what time we actually got off. I have nightmares of that happening again.

Thanks for the info!

If self-assist is an option, we're in! We've never put our luggage out the night before anyway.

Thanks for the reassurance! I knew how close the airport was, but I didn't know if it was common to be later getting off. We'll hope they start self assist early, grab a cab and catch breakfast at the airport.

Well, my husband booked our return flight out of Miami for 11:45! We will be arriving back at port on the Breeze on May 31st which is a Sunday. I'm anxious about making the flight.

Assuming Carnival will be assigning groups for disembarkation, is there a way to throw yourself on the mercy of Guest Services to get in an early group?

I know that there is no way to predict what time the ship will clear Customs.

Our only cruise from Miami was on DCL which has open disembarkation and we didn't fly home from MIA so there was no rush and I have no experience with MIA. On our only Carnival cruise (from Jacksonville), we felt like we were held hostage in a theater for nearly two hours before our group was called. I wish I remembered what time we actually got off. I have nightmares of that happening again.

Thanks for the info!

We just returned from the 8 day Breeze out of Miami, our flight home had been changed from 3:00pm to 10:55 out MIA, was worried but decided to roll with it. Happy to say we made it no problem. We had Faster to the Fun and were off the ship by 7:15 and at our gate by 8:15. Being a Sunday the roads to the airport were not busy, airport was crazy. We checked our luggage outside the airport and had them print our boarding passes, this gave us a "pre-check" and we were able to avoid the long line inside to check our luggage and go to the shorter security line. As long as there are no problems with customs at the ship you should have lots of time, even without the "faster to the fun" pass.

Enjoy your cruise, loved the Breeze ship!

The Cruise line wants you off the ship as fast as humanly possible....I've rarely been on a ship that isn't all-clear by 10am at the latest. You're biggest hang-up will be the airport since Sunday morning it is "full" of cruise passengers all busting to get home. And don't take a Carnival shuttle...that may be the kiss of death.

For those who've cruised on the Breeze, do they offer early flight priority for self-assist? When we had an early flight at a different port, our debark info recommended "early flight" self-assist, which met at the same place as FTTF/VIP and was led off the ship at the same time, basically the moment customs cleared. Even if that's not an option, I think you'll be fine with self-assist. I understand your worries because we were once stuck on the ship in Galveston, but on every other cruise we've been able to leave very early via self-assist.

For those who've cruised on the Breeze, do they offer early flight priority for self-assist? When we had an early flight at a different port, our debark info recommended "early flight" self-assist, which met at the same place as FTTF/VIP and was led off the ship at the same time, basically the moment customs cleared. Even if that's not an option, I think you'll be fine with self-assist. I understand your worries because we were once stuck on the ship in Galveston, but on every other cruise we've been able to leave very early via self-assist.

Yes, for self assist on the Breeze last Sunday, it was VIP and FTTF first and then Early Flights were next, which would have been around 7:30 - 8:45. You shouldn't have a problem making your flight.