Beds on Azura...info please

starryuk

Just returned from 2 weeks on Azura. I slept like a baby, no back pain at all.

First night back home on my very expensive mattress...back ache.

I am seriously thinking of changing to whatever they use on Azura. Does anyone happen to know the type of mattress they use? I didn't think of looking at the time!

I am seriously thinking of changing to whatever they use on Azura. Does anyone happen to know the type of mattress they use? I didn't think of looking at the time!

They are custom made by Sealy. I did phone Sealy and they are only supplied on contract, a similar one for the public was around £1000 + for a king size, if I remember correctly.

If you google your question there are quite a few threads about it.

Molly

Hi StarryUK

The mattress is a Sealy P&O Cunarder Elevation.

We had exactly the same experience on Azura in 2012, on our return I contacted Sealy and bought a new bed base and mattress to match at that time the price was £600.00 and it was delivered to our home address .

My contact at Sealy was Clair McLachlan her e- mail was McLachlan@sealy.co.uk.

This lady was extremely helpful and very pleasant.

Hope this info is of use, my bed is still as cofortable as the day it was delivered.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

Hi StarryUK

We had exactly the same experience on Azura in 2012, on our return I contacted Sealy and bought a new bed base and mattress to match at that time the price was £600.00 and it was delivered to our home address .

Hope this info is of use, my bed is still as cofortable as the day it was delivered.

You obviously had someone with more knowledge than I did:) I am going to phone Sealy and price one up.

Thank you

Molly

Oh, thank you very much! Especially good to know it might actually last!

Brilliant. I shall be in contact with Sealy and the lady if she is still there.

Thanks again:)

Another vote for Sealy and their customer service. We wanted a replacement for an old Sealy mattress which was expensive when we bought it. Contacted Sealy and the designs had changed but they gave me an alternative, Gold Millionaire.

Cost about £500 a few years ago from BHS. I see it is now over £700, but worth every penny.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi StarryUK

Can you tell me if these mattresses "dip" iin the middle at all? We bought extremely expensive mattresses for our solid base bed about a year ago, and after just one night there were two "dips" The store assures me it doesn't affect the support - and it may not - BUT it gives me considerable discomfort, yet on our last umpteen cruises with Cunard, my back has been absolutely fine.

I really don't mind buying yet another mattress, but I do need to be sure it doean't dip. By the way I am not especially heavy, nor is my husband so it isn't that.

If secondhand is OK there will be 3000+ going spare in a couple of weeks when Azura gets her refit

;-)

Cb

I would think that if P&O think a mattress needs replaced it is only fit for the refuse tip and not worth buying. As I have previously said I bought a brand new bed including mattress direct from Sealy and in my view it was money very well spent. Three years on I still have a very comfortable sleep and no adverse effects on my back.

Hi LanzaLady, When are you going in June? We are on Azura 1st June for Canaries...lol our honeymoon! Have never done a P & O cruise before.

Hi Cruisejunkie, This is our first P & O cruise too and we will be cruising the Baltics on the Azura from 20th June. We live in the Canaries (Lanzarote) and know all the islands and I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time. And June is the best weather as it's not too hot. Have a great wedding and a wonderful cruise!

Hi LanzaLady, When are you going in June? We are on Azura 1st June for Canaries...lol our honeymoon! Have never done a P & O cruise before.

Hi cruisejunkie61, just noticed your on the same cruise as me, we too haven't done a P&O cruise before, so looking forward to something different. Why not join us on the roll call? We could do with a few more shipmates to have a chat with.

• 1 year later...