March Nassau weather reality check?

littlej

Hi all,

I know temperatures are totally subjective, but if I'm one of those people who are cold all the time and won't use the pool if it's not heated and it's not at least 83 degrees outside with no wind, do I bother bringing that extra bathing suit on a 3-night Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral in 2 weeks? I'm starting to wonder if I should swap out a couple of pairs of shorts for capris and bring a jacket and/or sweater for the deck. I want to enjoy the sunshine but I don't like being chilly.

Any of you cold-blooded people out there been on this itinerary in the beginning of March? Can you give some advice about what it will be like on the deck while we're docked? I'll be on Enchantment, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I know temperatures are totally subjective, but if I'm one of those people who are cold all the time and won't use the pool if it's not heated and it's not at least 83 degrees outside with no wind, do I bother bringing that extra bathing suit on a 3-night Bahamas cruise from Port Canaveral in 2 weeks? I'm starting to wonder if I should swap out a couple of pairs of shorts for capris and bring a jacket and/or sweater for the deck. I want to enjoy the sunshine but I don't like being chilly.

Any of you cold-blooded people out there been on this itinerary in the beginning of March? Can you give some advice about what it will be like on the deck while we're docked? I'll be on Enchantment, don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

I'm not cold-blooded, but we were on the Serenade at the end of February last year (Nassau included) and I would say definitely bring a sweater. At the pool, as long as the sun was shining it was warm, but when it went behind the clouds, it got a bit nippy for me.

Edited by Bamagirl_gina
additinol info

I'm not cold-blooded, but we were on the Serenade at the end of February last year (Nassau included) and I would say definitely bring a sweater. At the pool, as long as the sun was shining it was warm, but when it went behind the clouds, it got a bit nippy for me.

But--I do have to ad that our descriptions of "cold" may be relative to our locations. I live in Florida, so cold to me is anything below 65 degrees, lol.

If you sign in to RCCL site under My Reservations, the bottom right corner lets you select the month and one of your stops to see the high, low and average precipitation.

So for March for example, it shows high of 79.7 and low of 63.9. These are obviously averages....and not March 1st vs March 31st. But it can give you an idea.

Thanks all. I think I need to adjust my packing plan a little! I'm not from Florida, but I should be. :o I think anything under 65 is cold too! I've been watching the weather online very closely, but as we all know, the conditions on the top deck of a cruise ship next to the pool can be very different than those on the ground!

thanks for all your replies, very helpful! (and thanks to the moderator for moving my thread. I realize now the replies are probably better in this context. :) )