BALTIC CRUISE JULY 8

I will be traveling alone via the Grand Princess and have already reserved my excurions. I've read alot of "go on your own" trips in some of the stops. Would you suggest the same if someone is alone? I don't feel comfortable doing this alone. Thanks

IRIS FAYE

Iris, like you I am a woman and I usually travel alone. I would not feel uncomfortable walking around by myself in cities like Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm or Helsinki. But it depends on what you want to do. If there are longer transports invoved I would probably prefer to be with a group. It is of course also a pesonal thing what you feel comfortable with.

You can cancel your excursions later if you change your mind. Maybe you will meet other people on board who you would want to go with instead of the ships tours?

Personally I never book any tours at all before the very last day when the tour closes. And on 10 cruises so far I have never had a problem with anything I wanted to do being fully booked already. By saving it till late I can decide on what I want to do depending on other people, on the weather etc.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the info. I am going to keep this in mind. I have the absolute worse sense of direction and not only do I want to travel with ease; getting lost would not contribute to my ease. I most likely will meet a few folks doing the same as me and might foin them. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;7;8;21;00;00&timezone=GMT+0200

Cruising fool

The Scandanavian cities are very safe, especially since you'll be touring them during daylight hours (and given the northern latitudes, there'll be a lot of that!). I'd recommend using a professional tour company if you do St. Pete's. Not only is it unsafe in many parts (several crew members from our cruise were robbed), but you need to buy a tourist visa costing around $100 from the Russian embassy before you leave the US. If you go with the ship's tour or use Red October (a private tour operator), they'll vouch for your return to the ship so you won't need to bring a visa. I guess the Russkies are afraid that some tourists may want to stay in St Pete after disembarking!

Richard

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

From the Insignia's Inaugural sailing (4/3/2004)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Iris,

We are also on the same cruise. We do sightseeing on our own at times and also use the ship tours. Some ports are just easier with the cruiseline than others. So far we have reserved tours, but can cancel them 24 hours before the excursion, so I know we won't miss anything. I never wait to reserve a tour knowing that you won't be charged if you change your mind. Makes it easier for us.

Hulagirl

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;7;8;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Grand Princess Baltic Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Star Princess Eastern Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;9;18;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Northwest Cruise

Archived