The Grand Hotel in Stockholm

I have booked two nights at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm at the beginning of August.which is post cruise for us. It is supposed to be a fabulous hotel but it is only air-cooled not air conditioned. Leaving aside the extreme heat wave last summer, should this be a problem if the temperature remains around the norm?

Does anyone recommend another hotel that is of the same caliber that is air-conditioned?

alibee,

There is no hotel in Stockholm as prestigious as Grand Hotel. This is the hotel where VIP guests to Stockholm, like the Nobel Price laureates, will be staying. It is situated right across the water from the Royal Palace, with only a short walk across a bridge to the Old Town. But it is also an old hotel; other hotels may be more modern. I never stay myself in any hotel in Stockholm I can not compare the rooms or the service, only the locations.

As for air conditioning, this is not a common thing in Sweden. I live in Stockholm, and I have no air conditioning at all in my town home. Nor do I have it in my country house in the Stockholm archipelago. There are occasional days when I would have liked to have it, but most of the time I don’t miss it at all. Nobody I know has it at home, just in offices and shops.

Here is a link to more information about the Grand: Grand Hotel

Archived