Hotels in Harwich area

cruise'n

Lynn I asked on the UK boards if any of them had stayed in a hotel in Harwich pre cruise and here is what information I got .

Sarah I have just spoken to Pat and she will get the names and phone numbers for you but the ones she told me about are the Cliff but they hold disco's there at weekends The Tower which is very olde worlde and there is a very nice B&B/restaurant which is the bear this one is steeped in history it still has priest holes and smugglers tunnels we know this one is very nice as Pat's brother used to own it and the new owners have kept the standard up they are building a new Motel in Harwich also.

will give you more details later

Jewel here is a couple of ideas ... I'll keep you posted

Lynn I am not as clever as George at this and I have to post one at a time .:)

Sarah,

When we stayed in Harwich overnight prior to our Jewel of the Seas cruise we found that there was not a lot of choice and plumped for the Cliff Hotel which was quite adequate for just the 1 night. I think Colchester(approx 20 miles away but dont take that as Gospel) would have been better but because we went by train we had no choice other than to stay in Harwich.

Globalister .... Thanks again ,with you help we have got the port car parking I think sorted out . They have undercover secure parking for £5 per day .That's this years prices .:rolleyes: We are looking at the hotel your have suggested as well as the hotel Continental .

I know the cruise is still months away BUT most of the hotels have only 14 rooms we need at get that part of the precruise sorted .

Thanks

Archived