Disembarking at Port Canaveral

Alexus138

Ok, so change of plans. I called Cocoa Beach Shuttle again today....this time to make our reservation. The lady that answered this time kinda laughed when I told her the time of my flight. She suggested we reserve a private car to get to the airport on time.....and still couldnt guarantee we would make it. So, I paid $25.00 and changed our flight to Monday. Now, im back to planning because I need to find a cheap but decent hotel near the airport....

Better plan! Enjoy your cruise!

The Sensation is the fastest disembark in the Carnival fleet. We are platinum, always carry our luggage and pay a car service to be waiting to take us to Orlando. We usually take the 10 am flight back to Atlanta, but there is that awesome Heineken beer stand in the terminal if you want to extend the cruise party!

We were on the Liberty last week. Disembarked Sunday March 1. We arrived around 6:15 and we were the second couple to disembark and it was 7:05. We are Platinum. If you have an early flight the instructions were to contact guest services the night before disembarkation to arrange to get out first if you are not platinum or diamond. The staff was very organized and on top of the disembark process. The first to arrive was instructed where to sit to get out first. Had people come in later and tried to place their luggage at the door and tried to stand with luggage so they could jump ahead, but the Carnival staff nipped that in the bud and made them go to their correct position. Way to go Liberty staff!! Very orderly process.

Misslucy01

Just disembarked the Sunshine in PC. If you carry all of your stuff off the ship, it doesn't matter what VIFP level you are. We got off the elevator at 0830, off the ship at 0835, through customs and in the car by 0845. Easy peasy.

I am thinking about getting an 11:30am flight home for our October Valor trip, but Carnival told my TA that they will NOT let anyone off the ship before 9am!!!

???

Here is the message I got:

"I spoke with a Carnival representative regarding your return flight and FTTF. Even with FTTF, Carnival can't start disembarking guests until 9am at the earliest. Even if you are the first passengers off the boat, it can take 30-45minutes to disembark and clear customs. Then you have a minimum 45 minute drive to Orlando. There's no way you would get there in time to check in and catch a flight. Carnival recommends your flight be scheduled no earlier than 12:50pm from MCO."

We have to go back to the west coast, it will be a long day (and the time change will be happening too just to confuse things even more!), and as much as I would love to take a long leisurely time, I think 11:30 would work better for us. If we can make it. From your experience - - is 11:30am doable? :confused:

I am thinking about getting an 11:30am flight home for our October Valor trip, but Carnival told my TA that they will NOT let anyone off the ship before 9am!!!

???

"I spoke with a Carnival representative regarding your return flight and FTTF. Even with FTTF, Carnival can't start disembarking guests until 9am at the earliest. Even if you are the first passengers off the boat, it can take 30-45minutes to disembark and clear customs. Then you have a minimum 45 minute drive to Orlando. There's no way you would get there in time to check in and catch a flight. Carnival recommends your flight be scheduled no earlier than 12:50pm from MCO."

We have to go back to the west coast, it will be a long day (and the time change will be happening too just to confuse things even more!), and as much as I would love to take a long leisurely time, I think 11:30 would work better for us. If we can make it. From your experience - - is 11:30am doable? :confused:

With the cruise I just got off of 11:30 would have been doable BUT that cannot be guaranteed for every cruise. It's a chance you will have to decide if you want to take.

I've sailed out of Port Canaveral several times. There's not a single time I would've made a 10am flight. And I agree with others. Security is an absolute nightmare with the ridiculous number of strollers and parents who don't fly much, with baby bags filled with things that are not allowed through security. It takes FOOOOOREEEEVEEEER.

???

I would risk a flight at 11:30, but that is me. IF I were going to do it, I would make sure I knew which flights were available AFTER 11:30, in case I missed the flight. Since you are going this for convenience (rather than to save money), I would recommend hiring a private car service to get you back to MCO for your flight. It might be a little more expensive, but you won't have to wait for anyone or anything, your car will be waiting for you.

Ok, so change of plans. I called Cocoa Beach Shuttle again today....this time to make our reservation. The lady that answered this time kinda laughed when I told her the time of my flight. She suggested we reserve a private car to get to the airport on time.....and still couldnt guarantee we would make it. So, I paid $25.00 and changed our flight to Monday. Now, im back to planning because I need to find a cheap but decent hotel near the airport....

Yeah, the only way you were going to be close was to hire a private car, which dilutes your savings. I would go onto Hotwire or Priceline and look for a hotel that offers shuttle service. This will probably be your cheapest option. I have seen hotels on other travel websites going for 80-120 dollars per night, but I think you could do better on the ones I mentioned. Good Luck !!!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: One of our friend's didnt change her flight and she made the 10:00am flight with time to spare!!! We all felt like idiots for not sticking to the original plan. She was off of the ship by 7:45 and at the airport by 9:00. And she used Cocoa Beach Shuttle....not a private car.

What is it like at Port Canaveral Carnival berth on DEBARK day trying to get from the cruise terminal to the Budget rental car location about 1.8 miles away?

Insane or sane? Any tips or tricks.

Waiting up to an hour for a car rental shuttle bus for pickup with 3,000 people being picked up after cruise and 3,000 more coming in may be a rough time.

Edited by eponym

UPDATE: One of our friend's didnt change her flight and she made the 10:00am flight with time to spare!!! We all felt like idiots for not sticking to the original plan. She was off of the ship by 7:45 and at the airport by 9:00. And she used Cocoa Beach Shuttle....not a private car.

If one single thing went wrong, she would not have made it. She was lucky.