Magic Spa Stateroom- Just a few questions

Kcruiser2014

My friend is Platinum on Carnival and I have only sailed RCL. We just booked 11203, an accessible spa ocean view room. It looks pretty big on the deck plans. It was about $200 more total than the 4j 9203 that was available. I have never really used a spa before on the ship.

I found lots of pictures of 11203 on the Dream, but none of the Magic. Has anyone stayed in this room?

With my friend being platinum(we are in same cabin), is there any benefit to FTTF?

This is a girls cruise for relaxation, is the spa access worth the extra $100pp for the trip? I am thinking I will probably use the Thalassotherapy pool and relaxation room, but probably not the steam rooms. I plan on trying them, but I have never really enjoyed saunas.

We might want to add one friend. Would there be enough room for a scooter if we add a third?

Any answers would be appreciated.

If your roommate is platinum, then don't get FTTF.

I've never cared much for saunas, however, I loved these fancy saunas that they have on this ship. Each of the 4 rooms have different scents & different temperatures. It was really nice. I actually enjoyed them more than the T-pool.

The room you have booked is a much larger room than the 4J, so you're getting not just the spa access, but also a larger room for the $200. Outside of the window is a public walkway, which doesn't get much use, but close the shades at night. That walkway overlooks the front of the ship beyond a solid barrier. There are some reports that these 4 rooms in the front are below the fitness center, so be prepared for that.

Only the 1st 2 adults in a Cloud 9 Spa room will get access to the spa, so if a 3rd person joins you, someone will not have spa access included. I don't know about the scooter question. The pics that you have found on the Dream's 11203 should be how the Magic's will look.

I think it's definitely worth the extra. The pool is great, children aren't allowed so when all the hot tubs on the ship are full of kids it's empty. The other rooms are nice as well, it's just a really quiet and peaceful place to hang out. Plus you get some free slippers, better amenities, the fancy yellow towels, priority spa appointments (not sure what that means), two classes that you'll forget to use and a free tub of some kind of scrub.

The private elevator is also pretty great.

If your friend is platinum do not get FTTF because she will get all the benefits and all that are booked in her room are included, first on ship, priority if a tender port, etc
I did the spa on Dream earlier this month. It was awesome. the thallassopy pool is so relaxing I could stay in there forever. I did all 4 steam rooms. I would start with the hottest. At first I almost backed out, as it took my breath away. But I calmed down, breathed slowly. I would start with hottest, work down to the lowest heat. Then get some chamomile tea or the fruit infused water and get back to normal. The heated stone lounger at the bomb!!

The first 2 people in the cabin get the perks of having spa cabin, the robes, slippers, better amenities, like lotion, soaps. Not for anyone else
If the room will hold 3 people, I see no problem with adding a 3rd person.

We had a Cloud 9 on the Dream last year and loved it. Plus, being only a deck below Serenity (adults only) deck was fantastic. We hardly ever left the spa deck or Serenity Deck except to eat. Yes it's worth the $100 pp.

I wasn't a fan of the T-pool as I thought it was to hot. We did use the steam and relaxation rooms several times. You might also like using the showers in the spa guest only locker room. My DW used them almost every night rather than the cabin shower. The locker rooms had multi-shower heads with plenty of room.

At least on the Dream there was a public locker room and spa locker room. You had to have a white cloud 9 door card to get into the spa locker room, which is where the nicer showers were located. Edited by jamesr3939